😻 A bit about the opportunity:
At Butternut Box, we truly believe that our food can lead to dogs living healthier and happier lives. But why stop at dogs?
There are 11 million Cats in the UK and, just like dogs, they are considered a member of the family so all we want is the best for them. The experience of owning a cat can be stressful and the food industry has let cats down - what’s available isn’t meeting their needs for both taste and nutrition. In fact, many cat parents don’t even understand what those needs are in the first place. It’s making cats unhappy and unhealthy and cat parents feel guilty and deflated. We think we can be the solution and are on a mission to deliver health and happiness to cats all over the UK.
Are you a hardworking, cat-centric individual ready to embark on an exciting journey? We're on the lookout for someone to join the founding team of our Cat business. This is more than just a job; it's an opportunity to shape the future of our brand, customer and user experience.
📣 A bit about the role.
As the Senior Product Manager, your mission is clear: you will develop, manage and execute the product strategy of the business to help us achieve our mission of delivering health and happiness for cats. You will play a pivotal role in driving the growth and expansion of our business, ensuring the digital experience at all stages resonates with and works for Cat parents who only want the best for their furry family member.
This is a hybrid working role, offering flexibility with some work-from-home days each week. We expect you to spend a minimum of 3 days at the Box Office in White City - London, with the possibility of occasional travel to other locations as your role evolves. We are not able to offer a fully remote contract for this position. If you're ready to make a significant impact, join us on this exciting adventure of growth and innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and help define our digital product strategy, driving the roadmap for the newly formed Cats squad.
- Translate the strategy into detailed requirements for the design and engineering teams
- Work closely with your peers in Software Engineering and Design, as well as stakeholders from the Cat team including Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Customer Love.
- Get to know our customers on a deeper level, understand the problems they’re facing and come up with smart solutions to support them through the digital product.
- Set clear goals and metrics for your product and feature sets, and be accountable for achieving them.
- Defining the scope of projects and ensure continual clarity on the spec.
- Prioritise the work of your team, accounting for the cost, impact, and risk of different opportunities and projects.
👋 A bit about you.
- Obsessed with cats. Naturally.
- You have a deep understanding of Digital Product Management best-practices and innovation.
- You can show off a track record of delivering impactful products that have achieved commercial and customer goals.
- You have experience growing a product from zero or in an early stage start up
- You are relentlessly customer-oriented, and seek to constantly drive quantitative insights – defining metrics, running analyses, gathering insight from A/B testing, and collaborating with analysts to define and answer more complex analytical questions.
- Your communication skills are on-point and you can quickly and easily gather support for your ideas, and champion them with exec-level communication.
- You have the ability to grasp long-term strategic plays & initiatives that drive customer engagement and company growth.
- You can make tough decisions quickly, and you're right most of the time about them.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we have put the food back into dog food for the last 7 years. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs (and now cats) live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs and cats everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- Equity option package
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- 5 paid 'paws' days per year to support to learning and/or wellbeing
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.