🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions. #LI-Hybrid
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
📣 A bit about the role.
We're thrilled to be bringing our fresh dog food to Germany. We are looking for a Growth Manager to join us at this exciting part of our journey, building our brand presence and sharing the benefits of fresh food with pet parents across Germany. You’ll play a pivotal role transforming our proven mission and brand into a household name for dog owners across the nation.
In this role, you will build plans that ensure we reach German dog owners, launch and manage key marketing channels and start to build a team to support you. You are as passionate about dogs as you are about marketing and growing businesses.
The role will report into our Germany Country Director. You’ll also be able to call on the support of the growth team based in the UK & the Netherlands. You will be expected to visit London once a month, at least in the first 6-12 months.
🌱 In this role you can expect to:
- Working alongside the Country Director to build a marketing strategy and plan to grow the German business in 2024 and beyond
- Building plans to improve key metrics such as retention, conversion, CPA, LTV
- Successfully launch and manage "always on" marketing channels. These will include Paid Search, Paid Social and an affiliate program
- Analyse the performance of our marketing campaigns and channels - understand what is working, analyse what is not and shape our future activity accordingly
- Develop strong relationships with the team in the UK. Be inspired by what they have done to grow a business and share lessons you have learnt along the way
- Create a German specific customer journey and embed a full understanding of customer retention and life-time value in the business
- Manage a significant budget to achieve your aims and ensure our activities run as efficiently/effectively as possible
- We will have a "playbook" as to how the business has grown in the UK (and other markets) so far and we will be here to help. We do however expect that the German market and customers will be unique in ways we don't fully understand and there will be specific opportunities and challenges. We want you to have a vision as to how these opportunities can be realised and how challenges can be overcome.
👋 A bit about you.
- You love marketing and you have a full understanding of e-commerce growth, the associated metrics and a track record of growing a business (unit)
- You have analytical rigour, very strong problem-solving competencies and the ability to dissect opportunities and challenges fully. You focus your energy and time in the right areas
- A thorough understanding of digital marketing - Paid Search (adwords), Paid Social (Facebook/Instagram/TikTok) and SEO
- A strong understanding of e-commerce and subscription based businesses
- You have a track record in setting up and leading a team
- You are a great communicator. You are able to sell your vision to your team and the wider business. You are a great spokesmodel for your market.
- You are passionate about start-ups and obsessed with dogs, just like us!
- You are fluent in German and English.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- 5 paid 'paws' days per year to support to learning and/or wellbeing
- Equity package as part of our ownership culture
- €500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.