🐾 Join Our squad at Butternut Box! 🐾
Are you ready to pawsitively impact our diverse and tail-wagging squad at Butternut Box? We're on a mission to make Butternut Box the best place anyone has ever worked, a workplace where every squad member can be their authentic selves, so we're looking for a friendly, compassionate Diversity Support Specialist to join our People team.
🌟 Role Overview 🌟 As our Wellbeing and Diversity Lead, you'll be the guide dog for inclusivity, ensuring our squad members are supported and valued. Your role is to make sure everyone's barking up the right tree, fostering understanding, respect, and support across our diverse pack.
🐾 Responsibilities 🐾
- Personal Support: Design customised accommodation plans for our Squad Members, with any number of diverse backgrounds, whether that be neurodivergence, physical disability, ethnicity, or any other protected characteristic, you will also ensure our People Managers, and People team are fully equipped to support our squad within the workplace, making sure they're as comfortable as a dog in a sunny spot. Provide one-on-one guidance to our team members and managers, helping them navigate their careers and wagging tails at work.
- Advocacy, Resource Development & Education: Be the lead on our DE&I mission, creating pawsome training programmes and tracking accommodation requests. Stay informed about the latest DE&I tricks and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
🎓 Qualifications 🎓
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human Resources, Social Work, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- A thorough understanding of neurodiversity, including conditions like autism, ADHD, and anxiety disorders.
- Prior experience in HR or related roles, with exceptional communication skills and a non-judgmental attitude.
- Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations concerning accommodations and workplace diversity.
What's In It For You?
🐾 Salary range of £35,000 - £40,000 per year*
🐾 Enjoy 257.5 hours of holiday per year, plus an extra day for each year of service (up to 5 days)*
🐾 39 hours of pre-booked paws days to support good wellbeing and self care.*
🐾 Unlock a £500 annual budget for personal learning and development.
🐾 Get discounted Private Medical Insurance with Vitality Healthcare.
🐾 Satisfy your taste buds with subsidised food from a variety of street food vans, and of course, pay day pizza!
🐾 Treat your furry friend with an employee discount on Butternut Box.
🐾 Say goodbye to parking woes with free parking and electric car charging.
🐾 Prepare for adorable office dog overload—meet Cleo, Paxo, Cali, Ronnie, Harvey, Milo, and many more!
🐾 Flexible working hours - this role would be best operating around 30 hours per week, onsite presence will be required, along with some home working to fit in with your lifestyle
‼A few things to note:
- You can view the full Job Description and person specification on this link
- This role cannot be done remotely and requires a large amount of on-site presence
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- * holiday allowances and salary range quoted are pro-rata based on contracted hours, quoted numbers are based on a 39 hour contract
Join us in making Butternut Box the most inclusive and pawfect place to work. Apply today and help us unleash the potential in every member of our squad. 🐶🌈🐾