📣 A bit about the role
Are you someone who is the glue of the squad, great at organisation and has an eye for continuous improvement?
Here at Butternut we are on the lookout for a hard working, ambitious and detail oriented People Assistant, at our Operational site (Rudie's Kitchen) in Blyth, Nottinghamshire, in the middle of Doncaster and Worksop. In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of the People Team, including; collating data for the monthly payroll, supporting documented meetings, arranging engagement events, interviews and much much more!
This role would be pawsome for someone with a People Team background, great attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement
👋 Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the people team with administrative tasks such as creating and summarising reports, sending letters, note taking, supporting interviews, and engagement events
- Running site payroll each period from start to finish
- Support with basic queries around Butternut policies on family friendly leave, absence, and overtime and processing of payroll
- Maintaining and update people systems ensuring personal data, GDPR, Working Time Directive, Right to Work and Gender Pay Gap compliance
- Proactively drive improvements to simplify our squads experience through system automation and ensuring our processes are scalable
- Support the welfare/facilities team & act in an office support role for adhoc requests
- Staying up to date on legislative changes including statutory pay rates, national minimum wage, holiday pay and taking actions when required
- Being the teams first point of contact providing a warm, welcoming, supportive and informative service
🐶 A bit about you
- Previous experience in an Assistant or Administrative role supporting a busy People (or HR) team
- You have entry experience of working on payroll and benefits in the UK
- You’re a whizz at Excel/Google Sheets. You can look at data, instinctively see mistakes and drive areas for improvement
- You pride yourself on being organised, trustworthy, discrete and approachable
- You’re an excellent communicator, with the ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and globally in a growing and fast-changing environment
- You want to grow and find opportunities to learn new areas
- You love dogs, naturally. (You like people too...) and our Butternut values resonate strongly with you
📣 A bit about us
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- A competitive salary of £26,000 - £32,000 per year (dependent on experience)
- 257.5 hours holidays and an additional 8 hours for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Payday pizza and subsidised hot and cold food throughout the week
- Lots of office dogs! (ask us to see pictures at your interview if you would like!)
️❗️️A few things to note:
- We have a multi-discipline People team including L&D, Recruitment, and Generalist HR professionals, meaning there will be loads of opportunities for you to grow your HR and People skills in all areas
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team will respond to your application within 5 working days
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.