📣 A bit about the role.
We want to be the most innovative and sustainable business in our category which means doing more for the dogs we feed and the humans that look after them, all the while having a positive impact on the planet we live in. Sustainability touches so many aspects of our business, whether it’s the ingredients we source, process innovation in our manufacturing operations, or how we get our fresh meals to customers.
As a BCorp certified pet food manufacturing business, we measure our carbon footprint across the business and hold ourselves accountable to decreasing our Scope 1, 2 and 3 footprint while actively working towards defining our Net Zero strategy.
As a dedicated hire within our Strategy team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the Director of Strategy and Butternut’s Leadership to define, drive and execute our sustainability strategic roadmap. We’d like to meet potential candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the way we do things today and ask the big questions (we know we have a long way to go), and of course share our passion for helping dogs to live healthier, happier and longer lives
This is a hybrid role and our future Sustainability Manager will be expected to come to the office in London (White City) twice a week and to Rudie's Kitchen (Doncaster) twice a month.
💡 In this role you can expect to:
- Track our environmental impact & carbon emissions
- Deliver on our vision for sustainability, and developing & prioritising initiatives
- Project manage the cross-functional roadmap to retain B Corp certification
- Help the wider business to make real change and communicate our efforts externally
- Compliance and Reporting including publishing our periodic and Annual Impact Reports
This is a hybrid role and the successful candidate will be expected to come to our office in London twice a week (please bring your dog if you have one 🤩) and to our warehouse in Doncaster twice a month (feel free to bring your dog too).
👋 A bit about you.
- A genuine passion for sustainability and belief in the power of business to drive real positive change within an industry
- Experience working in fields relating to sustainability and a good understanding of the landscape and challenges (direct-to-consumer and/or food experience is a plus but not essential)
- Analytical and comfortable working with data, including experience in developing science-based targets or analysing environmental data
- Highly organised with experience leading cross-functional projects
- Willingness to learn and an ability to understand complex topics and how they might impact our business and future plans
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate highly technical and science-based information to non-technical teams
- Comfortable communicating through a range of methods such as written reports, presentations, training sessions, conversations with suppliers etc.
- Not afraid to challenge some of the fundamentals of our business where there are areas to make significant improvements, and coming up with creative solutions
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Ajax, Brio, Basil, Peggy, Pip, Rudi, Indi, Gnocco and many more….)