📣 A bit about the role.
You will be joining our fast-paced and fast-growing Events Team forming part of the wider Direct Sales team, whose main focus is to generate sales for the business through a variety of different channels. One of these key channels is Events; we attend hundreds every year. At the end of 2021, Butternut Box launched into the Irish market and - with a budding team already on the ground - we have been attending numerous events across the country. We’re now looking for someone who has the knowledge and expertise of the Irish event scene to scope out new acquisitions in order to build and develop this new sales region from the ground up.
You will be the lead for all events in Ireland, delivering high levels of support to our Regional Manager in Dublin. Having just reached 1% market share in 2022, Butternut Box has significant goals in Ireland for the coming year and your role will be vital in developing the the region at a crucial time in the business’ history. You will play a key role in the planning and coordination of an events roadmap, helping the department achieve consistent high growth and top level acquisitions. You will build and maintain strong relationships with our in-office and regional sales teams, event coordinators, regional managers and brand ambassadors. Most importantly, you will need to develop great working relationships with various third party event organisers in order to establish our brand in a new market.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Researching and developing an events roadmap to ensure we’re securing regular acquisitions in Ireland.
- Building strong relationships with event organisers; representing the company and ensuring everyone leaves with a positive experience of Butternut Box
- Negotiating the best deal when booking events to ensure costs are in line with department KPI’s
- Planning and forecasting 6-9 months ahead and reporting on sales forecasts to the wider teams
- Planning ahead and carefully coordinating each event to ensure it runs smoothly from start to finish
- Finding and booking accommodation for the team and liaising with accommodation hosts
- Reporting and visualising on key KPI’s to the team and wider business
- This will be a hybrid role with working days split in the office, working from home & sometimes in the field at top events
👋 A bit about you.
- You are based in London or Dublin, with a strong knowledge of the Irish market
- Full clean local driving license - please note this is a necessity.
- You are highly organised, able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
- You are a great communicator; both in-person and virtually. You lead by example, and you are a great spokesperson for the team.
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and the quality of your output.
- You can solve problems and unforeseen issues quickly & efficiently.
- You are skilled in Google Sheets, Slides & KPI reporting.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions. #LI-Hybrid
As a B-Corp certified company; you can be sure you are joining a sustainable company who care about our people, product and our impact on the environment.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- €500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.