📣 A bit about the role.
Butternut Box is looking for a Vegetable & Dry Goods Category Buyer to join our Procurement & Supply Chain Team. In this role, you will be responsible for an international & varied supply base, buying across a growing category with a lot of development & opportunity.
You’ll play a pivotal role in building our long term buying strategy, reducing costs, driving our sustainability agenda and bringing new meals to launch. This will be a dynamic role which will flex across our operations, giving the unique opportunity to have a full view of our total supply chain.
You will report into our Procurement & Supply Chain Manager and alongside an energetic team where your focus is to take full ownership of your category. Travel will be required on an ad hoc basis to our suppliers, trade shows and our ‘box office’ in London. This role is based at our production site in Doncaster with flexible working arrangements.
👋 A bit about you.
- Experience working within buying (specifically with Veg and/or dry goods is essential)
- Exceptional stakeholder management & relationship building skills
- Proven sourcing experience for ingredients
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Organised with a keen eye for detail
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the business
- Experience within food manufacturing (preferred)
- You love dogs (naturally!)
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Pre - pay day pizza, fruit, coffee and parking (free!)
- Lots of office dogs (Albie, Harvey, Cleo, Dexter, Fjor, Leo, Buster and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
We are not looking for external agency support with this role.