📣 A bit about us
At Butternut, our mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, we need a hard-working team. And we need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why we have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen is where our Butternut meals are gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients. Rudie's is also where we will be packaging our meals and boxing them for our customers all over the UK. We are a close nit team, with a that family feel, looking to welcome more like minded people to our lovely team and keep work life fun and enjoyable.
We are pleased to say, this is a full-time permanent contract, you will be working a rolling average of 41 hours per week working on a shift rotation of days and some weekend working. The working shifts days consisting of 7am to 7pm.
👋 A bit about the role
As a general operator you could work in our Production, Warehouse or Fulfilment teams. In this roles your can expect to:
- Work in a safe way following all appropriate safety procedures and wearing protective equipment correctly at all times
- Unpack, packing, loading and unloading (boxes and finished goods), monitoring the fulfilment lines etc.
- Cover for Machine Operator when required
- Complete general tasks such as waste processing and order packing etc.
- Work to relevant standards and Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain general facility hygiene - floors, walls and conveyors etc. Everyone has their part to play in our ‘clean as you go’ way of working
- Be humble in work duties, being open to jump in the production area or carry out warehouse duties to help the wider team
- Conduct quality checks ensuring that we meet product specifications
🐶 A bit about you
- Comfortable working in a cold/chilled environment
- Comfortable working in an active role which includes bending, lifting and being on your feet
- Committed to food quality & safety
- Working level of speaking and reading English
- A supportive & helpful team member
- Happy to bring a positive attitude to work and create an enjoyable environment
- Previous operative experience is preferred however we provide full in-house training
- Naturally a lover of dogs (we have some pretty cute employee dogs in our upstairs office)
🙌 A bit about what we offer
- Competitive salary
- Butternut branded uniform provided (fleece, footwear, hi-vis)
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme and sick pay
- Private showers, changing facilities and dedicated locker space
- Comfy, bright and airy kitchen space with lunch making facilities and large screen TVs
- Free tea, coffee, and fruit (and pay day pizzas)
- Opportunity to grow, develop and learn with internal training programmes
- Be part of an energetic and high performing team
- Team socials & events
- Free on-site parking
❗️A few things to note:
- This role is 100% based in our kitchen in Blyth, Doncaster.
- The shift pattern is days only working 7am to 7pm on a rotation of 2-2-3-2-2-3 across a 2 week period. You will be working 14 days out of 28.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance
- We aim to respond to all applicants with feedback on their application within two weeks.
We look forward to receiving your application!