📣 A bit about us
At Butternut, our mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, we need a hard-working team. And we need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why we have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen is where our Butternut meals (we currently have 10 recipes) will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients. Rudie's is also where we will be packaging our meals and boxing them for our customers all over the UK. We are a close nit team, with a that family feel, looking to welcome more like minded people to our lovely team and keep work life fun and enjoyable.
We are pleased to say, this is a full-time permanent contract, you will be working a rolling average of 41 hours per week working on a shift rotation with a mixture of days / nights and some weekend working. The working shifts days consisting of 7am to 7pm and nights consisting of 7pm-7am.
- 4 on/ 4 off = 2 day, 2 nights
- 5 on, 5 off = 3 days, 2 nights
- 5 on, 5 off = 2 days, 3 nights
👋 A bit about the role
- Work in a safe way following all appropriate safety procedures and wearing protective equipment correctly at all times
- Conduct quality checks ensuring that we meet product specifications
- Unpack, packing, loading and unloading (boxes, finished goods, raw materials), monitoring production lines etc.
- ‘Machine watching’ cover for Machine Operator
- Other general tasks waste processing, order packing etc
- Work to relevant standards and Key Performance Indicators
- Occasional attendance and contribution at the daily review meeting and regular attendance/contribution at online performance reviews
- General facility hygiene - floors, walls and conveyors etc. and working in a manner that epitomises ‘clean as you go’
- This role could work in our Production, Warehouse or Fulfilment team
🐶 A bit about you
- Previous relevant experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Hard-working & diligent with a hunger to learn
- Committed to food quality & safety
- Comfortable working with raw materials such as beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb
- Flexible, pragmatic, resilient & humble
- Good level of speaking English
- Loves dogs (naturally)
Please note: At Butternut, we are passionate about building a diverse & inclusive team that cares for one another. We expect all team members to live by our values.
🙌 A bit about what we offer
- We offer a wage of up to £12.08 per hour, this is made up of a basic salary of £21,469 plus a 20% shift allowance for days/night shift working which works out at £25,762
- 257.5 hours holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Pension & sick pay
- Opportunity to grow, develop and learn
- Be part of an energetic and high performing team
- Team socials & events
❗️A few things to note:
- This role is 100% based in our kitchen in Blyth, Doncaster
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally, however, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are sometimes unable to respond to everyone
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives
We look forward to receiving your application!