📣 A bit about the role.
We’re looking for a SEO Marketing Executive to join us as we enter a phase of rapid business growth. We’re on a mission to feed more dogs and help them live healthier and happier lives which you will play a part in.
As a direct to consumer ecommerce business we have a large emphasis on driving growth through our digital marketing efforts, and we have big targets we want to hit.
Working closely with the Growth Marketing team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing an SEO strategy aimed at reaching more dog owners through organic channels and turning them into customers.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Work on shaping a fully fledged SEO strategy for our brand, and be responsible for executing the strategy.
- Improve our keyword rankings for key terms and areas identified.
- Audit technical onsite performance and suggest improvements to be made.
- Be on the lookout for new trends/changes being made to the search ecosystem and ensuring we are prepared for them.
- Work closely with our digital product team to implement technical changes to our website.
- Work closely with our Brand Manager on PR and outreach strategy.
- Have full ownership of our CMS platform (Contentful).
- Optimize and create on site content in collaboration with our copywriters.
- Set targets and regularly analyse performance using our analytics tools (Google Analytics and Amplitude).
👋 A bit about you.
- 1-2 years experience in an SEO focused role
- Results oriented and have a analytical mindset
- Experienced in using analytical tools to measure performance
- Eager to work in a fast-moving, ever-changing start-up
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great at building and nurturing relationships
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Attention to detail is super important
- A degree or qualification in Marketing or other relevant degree is preferable but non essential.
- Have experience in working on SEO strategy across multiple markets is preferable but non essential
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Co-working office space. Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- As our business has grown so has our responsibility to our community, our planet and our business. We are not perfect, but we are committed to doing business the right way and continually improving our social and environmental performance.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.