📣 A bit about the role.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall running of our payroll periods from start to finish. Our team is growing, so you will manage the growing monthly UK payroll of 170+ employees, as well as 2 smaller payrolls in Ireland and the Netherlands from start to finish. You’ll work with our external payroll providers and internal stakeholders to ensure every payday runs like clockwork. You'll focus on building out and improving the payroll processes, policies and best practices for both new and existing employees.
In addition to payroll, you will be responsible for our contract management, owning all contract amendments and necessary changes to our people systems and tools.
This role will report into the People Manager.
👋 A bit about you.
- You have experience of working on payrolls and benefits within the UK and internationally
- You’re a whizz at Excel/Google Sheets. You can look at data and instinctively see mistakes and areas for improvement
- You pride yourself on being organised, trustworthy, discrete and approachable
- You’re an excellent communicator, with the ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally and globally in a growing and fast-changing environment
- You love dogs, naturally. (You like people too...) and our Butternut values resonate strongly with you
Your application will stand out if you have experience administering employee share option schemes.
This role would ideally suit someone with previous experience in a fast-paced, high growth startup. However our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- We're open to full time, part time and remote based candidates for this role
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.