📣 A bit about the role.
We are looking for an exceptional People Partner to join the Butternut People Team at a very exciting time in our journey. We are growing quickly. We are feeding more & more dogs each day. We are welcoming more people to the team. And we have big goals over the next few years.
We are proud, at Butternut, of the team & culture we have built. But we also know that we can be better. What works for us now, won't work for us at 600+ people across different locations. As we scale, we need to give our managers and leaders more support to achieve their goals. A big part of this role will be connecting the dots between where we are going as a business and how we need to nudge teams & managers to get there.
We pride ourselves on the inclusive culture that we have built (89% of employees stated they felt they belonged at Butternut in our last D&I survey). However, we can't be complacent and we know that we have a lot of work to do in building a diverse team at all levels. We need to continually ensure we are creating an inclusive environment for people to work.
If all that sounds exciting, read on...
In this role you will be expected to:
- Act as a coach, partner and support to managers & employees across Butternut
- Work with the People team to build new, and iterate on, existing people initiatives and programs for:
- feedback and performance management
- diversity and inclusion
- learning, development and progression
- people data and reporting
- policies and procedures
- Ensure all of our people initiatives and programs promote diversity & inclusion
- Write & execute a Diversity & Inclusion strategy
- Analyse people data and trends to inform decision making on people strategy & initiatives
- Support and manage general employee relations issues, investigations & complaints
- Work on projects & initiatives to improve our eNPS & other people metrics
- Take the lead on ensuring that Butternut continues to be a inclusive place as we scale
You will report into our People Lead and work closely with our Head of People.
👋 A bit about you.
- You love dogs, naturally. (You like people too...)
- 3+ years experience in HR or People Ops in a high growth company
- Relevant experience in leading/rolling out people initiatives or programmes
- Proven track record of identifying people problems and driving appropriate solutions
- Our Butternut values resonate strongly with you
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities, simultaneously
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Approachable, trustworthy and reliable
- Passionate about people topics, strategy and trends and always keen to find opportunities for improvement
- Empathetic with a sense of humour (we want people to have fun at Butternut)
- Employment law knowledge & employee relations experience
- CIPD qualified
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Thursday drinks & monthly team socials (even remotely...)
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
- The opportunity to help dogs live healthier and happier lives 🐶 💛
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.