📣 A bit about the role.
We are looking for a data savvy, numerative and naturally inquisitive individual to join the newly constitute Strategy & Process Improvement team at Butternut Box. We have ambitious plans for the future at Butternut Box and the Strategy & Process Improvement team helps drive the long term strategic direction of Butternut. It does so by presenting analysis and recommendations on TAM expansion including potential M&A; exploring commercial levers or future revenue streams and optimising all kinds of business processes such as meeting structures and company wide goal setting for scale.
To be successful in the role we need someone who is curious and enjoys building relationships with stakeholders at all levels throughout Butternut Box as well as external partners, and leveraging those relationships in the pursuit of answers. You will need to be comfortable diving into the details, and be adept at drawing conclusions and communicating your findings. You will love making sense of what is happening at Butternut Box and how the different levers we can pull have a bearing on our top and bottom lines.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of Strategy & Process Improvement. You will be a key resource when it comes to laying down the future roadmap of the company and be a trusted resource for people across Butternut Box.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Undertake periodic project work to dive into specific areas of interest, be it Butternut Box's EU expansion roadmap, or to help understand how a new product or a new commercial partnership may impact the business
- Independently identify and frame opportunities in a structured, data-driven way to clearly communicate options, risks, trade-offs
- Develop a broad understanding of the business and help spot, understand and communicate changing trends early
- Communicate and present analysis and findings regularly to senior management and operational teams
- Be a key contributor to the weekly strategy meetings where we look to discuss growth and operational opportunities that impact our long-term view
- Put forward suggestions and own specific departmental goals each quarter with an aim to constantly drive improvements in our capability set and performance
- Support the annual planning and quarterly goal setting process and operationalise the plan by working with internal partners by gaining their consensus and active support
- Work effectively alongside our other analysts in the business and build a strong data culture within Butternut. As we grow as a company, so does our database and the insight we can gather from it. You'll be pioneering the correct and efficient use of this powerful data
- Assist with the selection and deployment of new processes and tools
👋 A bit about you.
- 2 years+ commercial analysis experience
- Highly inquisitive and analytical mind capable of complex problem solving
- Ability to create simple data and dashboards to drive effective decision making
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent communication skills with a penchant for stakeholder management
- Previous experience in an e-commerce scale-up or a management consultancy
- Proficient in Excel and financial modelling
- Experience with SQL preferred
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
We have big plans to grow over the next few years so it is an exciting time to be joining Butternut Box. You will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in developing the products that will define our future. This role is for someone who is hungry for that challenge.
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.