📣 A bit about the role.
You will report into our Procurement & Supply Chain Manager and will work cross-functionally with NPD, Creative & Proposition to bring new products to launch. You will be working alongside an energetic team where your focus is to take full ownership of the Contract Manufacturing category. Travel will be required on an ad hoc basis to our suppliers and trade shows both in the UK and abroad and our production site based in Doncaster.
🕵🏽 Who we are looking for.
Butternut Box is looking for a Contract Manufacturing Category Buyer to join our Procurement & Supply Chain Team. In this role, you will be responsible for an International & varied supply base, purchasing across a range of manufacturing sites for both food and non food products.
You’ll play a pivotal role in building our long term contract manufacturing strategy, reducing costs, improving efficiencies, driving our sustainability agenda and bringing new products to launch. This will be a dynamic role which will also flex across our operations, giving the unique opportunity to have a full view of our total supply chain.
You are a team player, entrepreneurial and a self-starter who works proactively, and is excited about the opportunity to work in a rapidly scaling startup! We’re looking for someone to come in and hit the ground running, bringing fresh ideas and enthusiasm to the current Procurement and Supply Chain team.
Supplier Sourcing & Project Management
- Sourcing and evaluating potential suppliers against the needs & aspirations of the business
- Negotiating contractual terms with suppliers to achieve quality, supply, service and cost targets
- Work cross-functionally with Proposition, NPD, SC, Creative, and Operations to land product launches OTIF.
- Using reporting tools to communicate regularly on the progress of projects
- Identifying and delivering continuous cost, sustainability and efficiency improvements
- Challenge and Manage suppliers to deliver the required standards and measure their performance against agreed objectives, putting in place corrective actions where necessary.
- Directly build the Contract Manufacturing strategy to deliver value, quality and minimise risk
- Manage our continuously growing supplier base, ensuring we have chosen preferred suppliers that we can rely on to enable speed, flexibility, quality and supports us with innovation.
- Contribute to the improvement and adherence to procurement policies and procedures to improve the compliance agenda and drive best business practices
- Regularly update the business on any financial, reputational, legal, business continuity and performance risk exposure and apply risk management techniques to ensure appropriate measures are taken to mitigate against them
👋 A bit about you.
- 3+ years experience working within Contract Manufacturing
- Has previous experience as a buyer in purchasing and cost reduction
- Be experienced in global stakeholder engagement
- Has experience building cost models and working with various market indexes
- Experience in the outsourced food and non food manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management & alignment abilities
- Organised with a very keen eye for detail
- Proven experience delivering fast paced short-term projects
- Flexible with a strong ability to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the business
- Strong communication skills & enjoy problem solving
- Excellent Excel & Google sheets skills
- Passion for startups, e-commerce and dogs!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.