📣 A bit about the role.
We're on the lookout for an extremely creative and results-driven Digital Content Creator and Editor to join our Brand and Creative team. The Brand and Creative team is responsible for all of our social media strategy, creative content, brand and growth marketing campaign creation and packaging design. With each project, you’ll play a key role in Butternut’s mission to bring health and happiness to dogs everywhere, whilst having plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and grow in your career in an exciting and fast-paced start-up. If your tail is wagging, read on…
We’re looking for someone who knows their way around a camera, but most importantly is able to create and edit content with on-brand and eye-catching motion-graphics that are native to the various channels that the content is created for. In this role you will be able to seamlessly integrate yourself into every step of our creative process, from ideation to execution, and be able to collaborate and learn from our talented team of in-house designers, copywriters, social media managers and brand manager. You'll also have plenty of opportunity to pitch ideas and independently drive your own projects forward, and to take on more responsibility as you shape and grow the role.
In this role, you can expect to…
- Play a key role in growing the Butternut brand with high impact brand and conversion-led campaign creatives.
- Self-shoot, edit and deliver strategic, graphic-led creative content (such as video, feed posts, stories, GIF’s and animations) for both paid and organic social campaigns across multiple channels such as:
- Tik Tok
- Pitch content ideas and hop onto social trends that you can confidently bring to life.
- Use organic and paid content performance metrics reported by stakeholders to improve and optimise creatives.
- Attend brand events, shoots, and occasionally visit our very own production facility, Rudie's Kitchen, to capture content when needed.
A day in the life of the Digital Content Creator
- You grab a quick cup of coffee and join the team meeting to run through the status of the goals for the quarter.
- After the meeting, you get back into the Youtube episodes you’ve been editing over the last week. You have created some engaging motion-graphics to really bring it to life. You upload it to Notion (our project management tool) for review.
- At lunch, you head out for some fresh air and a bite to eat.
- Once you’re back at your desk, you check the notes from the content performance meeting. One of the conversion-led paid social ads you shot and edited has a lower click-through rate than you hoped. You rework the creative and graphics to optimise its performance potential.
- Late afternoon inspiration strikes. You have an idea for social content that you could create to drive engagement. You jot it down for your next shoot.
- You pack your things and give Pip and Basil a belly-rub (they’re dogs, not humans. That would be weird.)
- You head home and scroll through Tik Tok on the train. Your video you posted last week has gone viral. All in a day’s work.
👋 A bit about you.
- Passionate about the Butternut brand and the values associated with it.
- 2+ years experience in a similar hands on role, and able to balance a range of briefs and priorities and to manage your time accordingly. (Experience in the direct to consumer (DTC) market is a bonus)
- A creative, out of the box thinker.
- Up to date on digital and social media tools and developments, with a finger on the pulse of current trends.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A strong problem-solver, who is adaptable and agile in the way you work.
- A team player with great relationship-building and communication skills.
📸 Technical skills
- Proficient Adobe Creative Suite. (Premier Pro; After Effects; Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign; Illustrator)
- A portfolio of high-quality work showcasing:
- Motion-graphics and animation
- Video edits
- The ability to develop and maintain strong visual brand identities through content and design.
- A decent understanding of organic and paid social performance metrics.
- A good knowledge of videographic styles, techniques and equipment.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.