📣 A bit about the role.
We are searching for an outgoing, hardworking, all-around great communicator who cares passionately about the experience that our customers receive.
You will be joining an exceptional team to be the eyes and ears of Butternut Box, talking to our clients on a daily basis to resolve any queries. All incoming live customer contact will go through you, especially making use of our phone and live chat channels. You will be empowered to help shape our customer journey and come up with new ways to make people’s lives easier and happier.
We want you to tell us in your initial application what your favourite dog breed is and why. The right fit will be someone who is motivated by the idea of bringing random moments of happiness to the people (and dogs!) we serve and is excited by the idea of working in an early-stage business in a remote home working capacity.
This is an 18 hour per week part time home-based role, Monday - Thursday 10am - 2:30pm each day. (On weeks that have a bank holiday Monday fall within them, your days will change to Tuesday to Friday). You will also be able to make your own travel arrangements to come to the office in West London once a quarter, this is essential. You will be invited to our monthly socials which is optional.
We need to be accessible to our customers at all times, this means that for the majority of this role you will be confident and have a passion for helping them on the phone.
Here are some of the key objectives you might expect for this role:
At Butternut, we use OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) to set goals and to help us measure the success of teams and the company on a quarterly basis.
First 1-3 months:
- Happy being the face and voice of Butternut Box to new and existing customers.
- Comfortable using communication tools effectively and autonomously: mainly phone calls, but will include some emails and live chat to keep customers informed.
- You have learnt all of our processes and procedures, and intuitively keep up to date on company changes and new ways of working.
- You’re able to deal with most queries, problems and feedback from our potential and current client base on your own.
- You are performing at a comfortable team average in our productivity levels, as well as our qualitative indicators such as customer satisfaction scores.
- You bring happy moments to the people (and dogs!) we deliver to, as well as your team mates.
- You regularly pass on customer insights & feedback for us to turn those into strategic decisions for the future of the business.
3 to 6 Months:
- You start to help form our culture and voice, and you bring a fresh pair of eyes to everything.
- You’ll be able to assist customers with more complex problems, and you’ll be able to gather insight and knowledge from the rest of the business to help a customer in difficult situations.
- At this point, you have shown to be a reliable and dependable member of the team, delivering on objectives and driving towards targets we set as a team to deliver the best possible service.
6 Months and Onwards
- Comfortable with helping any newer team members, offering to buddy and give advice or support.
- You are happy to suggest improvements to the digital product, thinking about the customer and business needs in tandem.
- You continue to thrive on customer interactions every day, and enjoy working as a front line member of the team.
- You are consistently performing at or above the team average in our productivity levels, as well as our qualitative indicators such as customer satisfaction scores.
- And so much more to come!
👋 A bit about you.
- Customer service experience would be a bonus but not essential.
- Experience using a Macbook or Apple computer is also a bonus but not essential. This role will need you to be comfortable operating online systems and processes at a fast pace.
- Ready to get stuck in and work hard.
- Happy to be at home always talking to our customers.
- Reasonable numerical reasoning skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Kind, giving and thoughtful.
- You can work autonomously to a very high standard, and also thrive as part of a team.
- Eager to learn and improve.
- Genuine, honest, reliable and adaptable.
- You love dogs.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 12 days pro-rata holiday
- Fully remote, home based role
- £250 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount after probation
- Pension with NEST
- Monthly team socials in London
- Lots of (virtual) office dogs (Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, Pip and many more....)
❗ A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles.
- The set hours listed could change based on the unforeseen needs of the customer love team and Butternut Box, which is a seven day per week operation. If there are to be any changes to your hours or days of work, reasonable notice and consultation will be given.