🐶 A bit about us
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. After having grown quickly in the UK and have made loads of dogs happier, we now want to bring Butternut Box to dogs everywhere in Europe. The start of this adventure will be the Netherlands.
🐾 A bit about the role
We are searching for individuals who will provide a world class customer experience to everyone we speak to on any channel they want to contact us in Benelux. All incoming live customer contact will go through you, especially making use of phone, live chat and social media channels. You are an outgoing, hardworking, all-around great communicator who cares passionately about the experience that our customers receive. Someone who is motivated by the idea of working in an early-stage business.
You will be joining an exceptional team to be the eyes and ears of Butternut Box, talking to our customers on a daily basis in the Netherlands to resolve all customer queries. You will be empowered to help shape our customer journey and come up with new ways to make people’s lives easier and happier.
This role is for full, Monday - Sunday on a rolling rota basis including regular weekend days and bank holidays.
Some of your day-to-day activities will include:
- Being the face and voice of Butternut Box to new and existing customers.
- Using communication tools including phone, email, WhatsApp, live chat and social media to keep customers informed.
- Dealing with a wide range of queries, issues and feedback from our current and potential customer base.
- Bringing happy moments to the people (and dogs!) we serve.
- Passing on customer insights & feedback for us to turn those into strategic decisions for the future of the business.
- Helping to form our culture and voice, and bring a fresh pair of eyes to everything.
We need to be accessible to our customers at all times, this means that for the majority of this role you will be confident and have a passion for helping them on the phone.
🐕 A bit about you.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English to a native written and verbal standard.
- A passion for problem solving and finding resolutions independently.
- Customer service experience would be a bonus but not essential.
- Ready to get stuck in and work hard.
- Reasonable numerical reasoning skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Kind, giving and thoughtful.
- You can work autonomously to a very high standard, and also thrive as part of a team.
- Eager to learn and improve.
- Genuine, honest, reliable and adaptable.
- You love dogs.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday and an additional day for every year of service at Butternut (up to a max of 5)
- €500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials (even remotely...)
- The opportunity to help dogs live healthier and happier lives....
❗ A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles.
- The set hours listed could change based on the unforesseen needs of the Customer Love team and Butternut Box, which is a seven day per week operation. If there are to be any changes to your hours or days of work, reasonable notice and consultation will be given.