📣 A bit about the role.
You will report into our Procurement & Supply Chain Manager and will work cross-functionally, gaining exposure across the whole business including Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations, Creative & NPD . This brings with it an exciting opportunity to learn and develop for a number of career options such as category buyer. Travel will be required on an ad hoc basis to our suppliers and our production site based in Doncaster.
🕵🏽 Who we are looking for.
Butternut Box is looking for a Procurement & Supply Chain Assistant to join our Procurement & Supply Chain Team. In this role, you will be supporting both functions meet their objectives from supporting new products launching on time, on boarding suppliers and helping to create a best in class Procurement function.
You’ll play a pivotal role in helping to build out & manage key processes & documents. You are dynamic, eager to learn and a self-starter who works proactively, and is excited about the opportunity to work in a rapidly scaling startup! We’re looking for someone who has strong communication skills, extremely organised and has brings an enthusiasm to the current Procurement and Supply Chain team.
- Supporting new product & supplier launches
- Carrying out due diligence & vetting suppliers
- Supplier on-boarding
- Performing administrative tasks to update and maintain records and databases & action tracking
- Assist with low value / low risk purchasing projects from end to end with support from the procurement team
- Help to prepare and distribute Bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Conduct market analysis for specific projects and categories to identify supplier activity, price, performance etc
- Providing analysis of data to include delivery, quality, forecasts and tendering exercises.
- Building & updating spreadsheets and databases accurately and in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate samples and notifying the team of their arrival. Liaise with suppliers to chase samples and key information
- Helping develop and maintain Procurement & Supply Chain processes and procedures.
- Supporting contract compliance management & the signature stage of all contracts
- Supporting supplier diversity, sustainable, social and ethical procurement initiatives.
- Help to develop and build a best-in-class Procurement function
👋 A bit about you.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Desire and motivation to learn and develop
- Great analytical and numerical and excel skills
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure within a team & independently
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks with a sense of urgency
- Organised with a very keen eye for detail
- Strong communication skills and enjoy problem solving
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and challenges procedures if they need improving
- Seeks advice where necessary and highlights any issues to the rest of the team
- Passion for startups, e-commerce and dogs!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.