🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier, and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box. After having grown quickly in the UK and have made loads of dogs happier, we now want to bring Butternut box to dogs everywhere in Europe. The start of this adventure will be the Netherlands. We are looking for someone to set-up the Marketing department for the Benelux and manage it.
📣 A bit about the role.
We are the fastest growing pet business in the UK and we are looking for a marketer to help us do the same in the Netherlands when we launch later this year. You will be a leadership figure within the Netherlands business and passionate about driving the business forward and building a brand. You will create plans that ensure we are reaching Dutch dog owners, launch and manage key marketing channels and start to build a team to support you. You are as passionate about dogs as you are about marketing and growing businesses.
The role will report into our Netherlands Country Manager. You’ll also be able to call on the support of the growth team based in the UK. You are expected to work from London once a month.
Main responsibilities and tasks in this role will include:
- Working alongside the Country Manager to build a marketing strategy and plan to grow the Netherlands business throughout 2022 and beyond
- A strong understanding of e-commerce and ideally subscription based businesses
- Understanding the conversion rates, cost-per-acquisition, retention and life-time value
- Experienced in key marketing channels, namely paid social and paid search and you are comfortable with reporting on and improving key metrics
- Successfully launch and manage "always on" marketing channels. These will include Paid Search, Paid Social and an affiliate program
- Analyze the performance of our marketing campaigns and channels - understand what is working, analyze what is not and shape our future activity accordingly
- Develop strong relationships with the team in the UK. Be inspired by what they have done to grow a business and share lessons you have learnt along the way
- Help create a Dutch specific customer journey and embed a full understanding of customer retention and life-time value in the business
- Manage a significant budget to achieve your aims and ensure our activities run as efficiently/effectively as possible
- Affinity with offline and online marketing
- We will have a "playbook" as to how the business has grown in the UK so far and we will be here to help. We do however expect the Netherlands will be unique in ways we don't fully understand and there will be opportunities and challenges specific to your market. We want you to have a vision as to how these opportunities can be realized and how challenges can be overcome
👋 A bit about you.
- You are Passionate for start-ups and obsessed with dogs, just like us!
- You have a trackrecord in setting up and leading a team
- You love marketing and you have a full understanding of e-commerce growth, the associated metrics and a track record of growing a business(unit)
- You have analytical rigour, very strong problem-solving competencies and the ability to dissect opportunities challenges fully and focus your energy and time in the right area
- A thorough understanding of digital marketing - Paid Search (adwords), Paid Social (facebook/instagram) and SEO
- You are a great communicator: you are able to sell your vision to your team and the wider business. You are a great spokesmodel for your market.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch
🙌A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday and an additional day for every year of service
- €500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Pension benefits
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.