🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
📣 A bit about the role.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Tech Recruiter to join the Butternut People Team at a very exciting time in our journey. We are growing quickly and have ambitious plans over the next few years. This is definitely a role for someone that is comfortable (and thrives) in a fast-paced target driven environment.
In this role you will review our hiring approaches, tools and methods to take us to the next level to attract the best people. Your focus will be building great relationships with our Product, Data and Engineering teams. Our mission at Butternut is to deliver health & happiness to dogs & their humans all over the world. As we grow and feed more dogs, we need the right People in place to help deliver our ambitious goals.
This role will report into our Talent Lead
You can expect to:
- Work on 360 recruitment, across all levels. You’ll own hiring for our Tech (including Data & Product) roles
- Focus of Diversity and Inclusion, you’ll be an advocate of improving our hiring processes and taking stakeholders on a journey
- Manage end to end hiring process from spec writing through to offer making sure the magic of Butternut comes through to every candidate
- Build a community in the Tech space, we know passionate people are out there so getting them excited about our mission and upcoming roles is important
- Work closely with hiring managers and the Squad to ensure smooth onboarding for new hires
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Department Leads, C-suite and interviewers
👋 A bit about you.
- Passion for start-ups/scale-ups
- You love dogs, naturally. (You like people too…)
- Relevant experience in leading/rolling out hiring initiatives
- Proven track record of identifying talent and bringing them onboard
- Passionate about Diversity and Inclusion and how People teams can have such a big impact and influence
- Analytical and investigative nature, always #strivingforbetter
- Excellent communication skills
🙌A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Subsidised Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role