🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box. After having grown quickly in the UK and have made loads of dogs happier, we now want to bring Butternut box to dogs everywhere in Europe. The start of this adventure will be the Netherlands. We are looking for someone to set-up the customer love department for the Benelux and manage it.
📣 A bit about the role.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join us as we start our journey to feed more happy dogs across Europe. You will oversee the operational side of things in the Netherlands- in other words, ensuring our boxes of Butternut meals get safely to dogs (+ their humans). We are looking for a hard-working, diligent & customer-focused Operations Manager to join us in this exciting part of our journey.
Some things you'll get up to in this role:
- Own primary responsibility of the Butternut’s operational performance in the Netherlands (Butternut’s first International launch) with the aim to deliver a excellent experience to our customers.
- 3+ years of experience as a Operations Manager
- Responsible for setting up and scaling our third party fulfilment (order picking and packing) and warehousing facilities in collaboration with the third party logistics site team.
- Performance management of our fulfilment and last-mile logistics partners.
- Living and breathing Service Level (On Time in Full in Quality). Working to measure and reduce packing & delivery errors.
- Managing our box packing and courier collection forecasts.
- Maintaining accurate stock levels once in The Netherlands.
- Focused on customer experience and performance, while maintaining a collaborative approach with our third party partners.
- Analytical skills a requirement with SQL experience an advantage.
👋 A bit about you
- Passionate about being part of a growing business that has a clear mission and sense of purpose.
- Native Dutch and fluent in English both written and verbally
- Experience of operating in a fast paced, high accuracy operations facility
- Experience of managing third party logistics partners
- A self-starter who is happy to roll their sleeves up, and feels comfortable with the uncertainty and ambiguity that comes with a new challenge.
- Fantastic communication skills
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- €500 personal learning & development budget
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials (even remotely...)
- Butternut Box employee discount
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.