Are you an exceptional Customer Love Manager (we call Customer Care / Service > Customer Love because we believe that is more accurate) who goes above and beyond for the customer? Are you up to the challenge to provide a World Class customer experience to everyone we speak to? Do you want to be responsible to build, motivate and retain a team of exceptional Customer Love Team Members from scratch? Well, what are you waiting for? Read on quickly! We are currently looking for a Customer Service Manager who would like to join our mission to make deliver health and happiness to dogs (and their humans) in the Netherlands.
🐾 A bit about the role
In this role you will be part of the founding team for the BeNeLux. This means that you will work with four other mission-driven people to set-up and run the business in first the Netherlands, and later Belgium and Luxemburg. You will build a team and deliver on a word class customer experience. Other responsibilities are:
- Provide a World Class customer experience to everyone we speak to on any channel they want to contact us on in the Benelux and “own” NPS
- Speak to our customers and go over and above on a daily basis.
- Achieve excellent eNPS scores and have a passion for driving wellness, positive culture, happiness and brand loyalty within your team by being a true leader.
- Bring excellent reviews and satisfaction ratings from our customers to multiple platforms to bolster the Butternut experience and brand.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to deliver ideas, projects and insight to the wider Butternut team and to senior management on a regular basis.
- Be a stickler for the data. You make sure the numbers are always correct.
- Scale your team in line with Butternut growth, and continuously find innovative ways to work smarter and quicker whilst reducing the Contact per Delivery rates.
- Take the lead with work streams and projects that have the customer at the core.
- You drive the voice of the customer back into Butternut at every opportunity.
- Present at senior leadership level confidently and effectively and operate within important process and procedural guidelines such as GDPR and PCI.
You will report directly into the Country Manager and have a dotted line report into the head of Customer Love.
🐶 A bit about us
‘’It all started with a dog that couldn’t stop farting’’
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest meals with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions. And no more farts!
Today, we have 10,000s customers in the United Kingdom and are ready to expand internationally. After their growth and proven success in the UK, Butternut Box has identified the Netherlands as an attractive market to expand to next. The comparable consumer behavior, the population density, the mature e-commerce market and sophisticated warehouse infrastructure drive the attractiveness of the Dutch market. The company wants to replicate their existing business model into the Netherlands and the wider Benelux from there.
🐕 A bit about you
You love dogs, naturally (and humans to!) and you are passionate about people. You are fluent in both Dutch and English to a native written and verbal standard. You like to coach rather than teach and you want genuinely see people happy. You are analytical and you know how the use data to support your decision making. You go over and beyond, and you use your empathetic skills and passion for people to help the customer as good as possible. Speaking about empathetic, you know how to build, motivate, and retain an exceptional team of Customer Love Team Members and you thrive on a feedback culture to ensure that the team continuously improves itself and, therefore create a perfect base of talent
- No problem with speaking in public and delivering tough messages when you need to.
- You can operate with a long term forward vision for your team a few years out of right now.
- You are highly organised, and attention to detail is not enough. You spot trends and concerns in the detail and you make sure they are picked up and worked on quickly.
- You have a bias to operating at pace and you thrive on achieving goals and set yourself stretched targets to aim for.
- You enjoy analysing data to make sound judgement calls in all of your decision making using qualitative and quantitative data, as well as your own initiative.
- You get stuck in when you're needed and you know how to delegate important work to the right people.
- You are an expert at task management, and can manage many spinning plates at once.
- You follow up on outstanding work, and you leave no stone unturned or unaddressed.
Finally, you do thing with integrity because they are the right thing to do and you stay resilient and calm, things don’t easily phase you but you give the right weight to a situation when you need to!
You have at least five years experience in growing and managing high performing and happy teams of people in a customer first role and you have demonstrated experience using spreadsheets and other tools to report, budget or forecast to make decisions on a regular basis. You also have:
- Previously lead hiring and recruitment for roles within your team, and can articulate a passion towards Diversity and Inclusion.
- Lead projects and initiatives to drive customer experience, and have previously implemented new processes, systems and procedures with success.
- Experience managing data compliance processes, including training and continuous improvement in this area.
🙌 A bit about what we offer
We offer a great place to work according to Heytempo’s list of best startups to work for in London. But not only that, we also offer:
- Equity option package
- 25 days holiday and an additional day for every year of service
- €500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount.
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials (even remotely...)
- The oppawtunity to help dogs live healthier and happier lives.
💬 A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.