📣 A bit about the role.
We are searching for an outgoing, hardworking, all-around great communicator who cares passionately about the experience that our customers receive.
You will be joining an exceptional team to be the eyes and ears of Butternut Box, talking to our customers on a daily basis to resolve all operational and physical product queries. All incoming live customer contact will go through you, especially making use of our phone and live chat channels. You will be empowered to help shape our customer journey and come up with new ways to make people’s lives easier and happier.
We want you to tell us in your initial application what your favourite dog breed is and why. The right fit will be someone who is motivated by the idea of bringing random moments of happiness to the people (and dogs!) we serve and is excited by the idea of working in an early-stage business within our kitchen facility based in Doncaster.
This role is for 39 hours per week, Monday - Sunday on a rolling rota basis including regular weekend days and bank holidays.
Some of your day-to-day activities will include:
- Being the face and voice of Butternut Box to new and existing customers.
- Using communication tools including phone, email and live chat to keep customers informed.
- Dealing with operational and physical product queries, problems and feedback from our current customer base.
- Bringing happy moments to the people (and dogs!) we serve.
- Passing on customer insights & feedback for us to turn those into strategic decisions for the future of the business.
- Helping to form our culture and voice, and bring a fresh pair of eyes to everything.
We need to be accessible to our customers at all times, this means that for the majority of this role you will be confident and have a passion for helping them on the phone.
👋 A bit about you.
- A passion for problem solving and finding resolutions independently.
- Operational customer service experience would be a bonus but not essential.
- Experience using a Macbook or Apple computer also a bonus but not essential.
- Ready to get stuck in and work hard.
- Reasonable numerical reasoning skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Kind, giving and thoughtful.
- You can work autonomously to a very high standard, and also thrive as part of a team.
- Eager to learn and improve.
- Genuine, honest, reliable and adaptable.
- You love dogs.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where our tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way we see it, you wouldn't serve food to dogs that you wouldn't be happy to eat yourself. At Butternut, we believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays throughout the year which will be given in lieu if scheduled to work)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
❗ A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles.
- The set hours listed could change based on the unforesseen needs of the Customer Love team and Butternut Box, which is a seven day per week operation. If there are to be any changes to your hours or days of work, reasonable notice and consultation will be given.