📣 A bit about the role.
You will be joining our fast-growing New Product Development team. They are all about bringing exciting new products to the market that our customers are barking out for. We have huge ambitions with our new product pipeline, and you will have the opportunity to truly innovate, not only within Butternut, but also the wider pet food industry. You will have freedom to develop first to market, game changing products in a fast paced and agile environment.
This is a vital and exciting role which will ensure we continue to fulfil our mission of providing health and happiness to dogs and their humans, all across the UK. This newly created opportunity will be based in London and will report into the Head of New and Existing product development and will own a new product category – health and wellness! We will require you to collaborate, visit and develop products with third parties and co-manufacturers to deliver our pipeline.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead innovative product development, from concept to launch, in health and wellness across both food and non-food categories.
- Develop standards and ways of working to ensure the quality and safety of our non-food products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations and Third Parties to land product launches OTIF.
- Manage trials, pre-production, launches and reviews
- Ensure new and existing products adhere to the relevant legislation and guidelines
- Plan, organise and support research with our vet team to develop and substantiate new products.
- Drive product superiority by proactively defining focus areas in your portfolio to create a step change in product performance.
- Keep a close eye on future market trends and appetites to help inform our proposition and innovation strategy.
👋 A bit about you.
- At least 5 years of experience in an R&D, product development or similar manufacturing role. Experience in pet health products would be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of food ingredients, nutrition and the process of how to launch and develop.
- Proven experience in working with suppliers, third party manufacturers or co-packers.
- Results driven and always striving to improve everything you do
- Comfortable with a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Energetic and enthusiastic about product development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.