📣 A bit about the role.
We are growing quickly. It's exciting. We're eager to feed more dogs and help them live healthier and happier lives. We believe that delivering more value to our customers through our physical and digital proposition is the way to do that. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to own and drive the vision, roadmap, and execution of our digital proposition. Not only will you be partnering with our physical proposition team to bring to life fresh ways of improving the convenience, control, choice, and variety of Butternut for our customers, you'll also be driving foundational change of the digital product to deliver on that promise too.
In this role, you’ll lead an autonomous, cross-functional Product team, collaborating extensively with members of our Product Design, Engineering, and Insight teams. You'll also work closely with cross-functional partners across Marketing, Brand, Proposition, Operations, and Customer Love.
In this role you can expect to:
- Drive major change in our digital product proposition, deepening the value of Butternut for our customers and the business.
- Influence the strategy of our digital product, and own and drive the roadmap and strategy for the digital proposition pod.
- Drive the opportunity to grow the proposition pod and help develop our product management talent coming onboard at Butternut.
- Set clear goals and metrics for your product and feature sets, and be accountable for achieving them.
- Prioritise the work of your team, accounting for the cost, impact, and risk of different opportunities and projects.
- Ensuring everyone has clarity on their team’s progress and plans going forward.
- Driving quantitative insights – defining metrics, running analyses, gathering insight from A/B testing, and collaborating with analysts to define and answer more complex analytical questions.
- Driving qualitative insights – talk to users regularly to understand what’s working, what’s not, and help shape our thinking.
- Running your team’s process, optimising for clarity, impact, and sustainable throughput.
- Defining the scope of projects and ensure continual clarity on the spec.
- Helping evolve our processes for how we approach product development and make sure we have the tools we need to maximise efficiency and impact.
- Collaborating with stakeholders from around the business on solving problems for their teams and gathering useful insight into the teams' plans and projects.
👋 A bit about you.
- Loves dogs. Naturally.
- Passion for start-ups and Product Management.
- You're an entrepreneurial type, who doesn't need direction to make things happen.
- Relevant experience in Product Management, ideally with physical product or e-commerce exposure.
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable talking cohorts, segments, funnels, and flywheels.
- You have strong project management skills, and know how to ensure a project is delivered on time, when appropriate.
- Have a strong understanding of good design. You don’t need to be a designer, but you should be able to articulate and guide great design decisions.
- Your communication skills are on-point and you can quickly and easily gather support for your ideas, and champion them with exec-level communication.
- You have the ability to grasp long-term strategic plays and initiatives that drive customer engagement and company growth.
- You can make tough decisions quickly, and you're right most of the time about them.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.