📣 A bit about the role.
We are growing quickly. It's exciting. We are eager to feed more dogs and help them live healthier and happier lives. We believe that knowing our customers' motivations, deeply understanding their behaviour through data, and developing and testing hypotheses to improve their experience is the way to do that. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for a Digital Product Analyst to own and drive the vision, roadmap and execution of our digital product analytics insight and experimentation. Working alongside our expert User Researcher, you'll be responsible for triangulating research, uncovering insight through behavioural & commercial analysis, and building a story around it that helps us make better decisions, faster.
You'll play a pivotal role in helping our Product Managers, Designers, and Developers shape the roadmaps for their product areas from discovery all the way through to execution and iteration. From uncovering where to look for insight, defining & measuring the right KPIs, designing our experiments, and driving what we do next, this role will have a big impact on our customers, and our commercial success.
In this role you can expect to:
- Own and drive the digital product analytics strategy and execution.
- Lead the discovery of quantitative behavioural insight, and marry it with qualitative research to form strong opportunity space hypotheses that have large commercial impact.
- Understand the whole Butternut customer experience, with a focus on the digital product, driving insights and initiatives that improve it.
- Ensure the accurate definition, reporting, and analysis of product KPIs, alongside the Product Managers on the team.
- Drive and implement a robust experimentation process that brings a high-degree of confidence in our results.
- Work effectively alongside our other analysts in the business and build a strong data culture within Butternut.
👋 A bit about you.
- Passion for start-ups and Product Analytics.
- Excellent SQL skills, and are comfortable manipulating and interrogating data.
- Strong analytical skills, and are proactive in getting the data you need.
- A good understanding of statistics and behavioural data and can combine them to tell a compelling story which you effectively communicate to cross functional teams.
- Know how to use, or are willing to learn, behavioural analytics tools (we use Amplitude) as well as BI tools (we use Looker).
- Commercially savvy, with an understanding of how product behaviour and UX translate into business outcomes.
- Curious about customer motivations and human behaviour.
- A great collaborator and influencer, with communication and storytelling through data that inspires action and change.
- Obsessed with dogs. Naturally.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.