🐶 A bit about the us:
At Butternut, the mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, we need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as we do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why we have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way we see it, we wouldn't serve food to dogs that we wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. At Butternut, we believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (co-founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and we are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
📣 A bit about the role:
Reporting into the Head of People at the Operations Site (Rudie’s Kitchen), this individual will be an integral part of the team. This role will work with the team to ensure we create a great place to work, treat our team members with respect, make sure our employees have a great experience working with us through open, honest and transparent communication and a fair working environment. We care about our team members and it is important to us that they feel that! We want a high performing, fun environment where everyone wants to come to work.
Employee Advocate & Communication
- Availability for team member complex queries to ensure a great employee experience
- Partner with people team to share queries and align approaches
- Facilitate regular engagement activities for the teams, in partnership with both the local and wider company people teams
- Ensure clear communication and processes of policies on life events for team members to create an open and honest culture
- Raise awareness of key communication messages needed and pulse check engagement levels of our team members
- Conduct stay interviews, round tables and support employees through any offboarding ensuring they want to return!
- Partner with Team Leaders on policy application to ensure a fair, consistent and individualised experience ensuring appropriate processes are followed
- Partner with the Head of People at the site on Talent Review output and developing a high performing culture by supporting individual development plans
- Partner with the People Team on executing localised wellbeing, engagement plans for our Kitchen
- Help drive actions from the diversity and inclusion plan in partnership with the Senior Recruiter and Head of People at site so we are a truly diverse and inclusive workforce
People Team Focus
Working with the people team deploy the 12 month strategy focused on:
- Understanding frequent queries and identify how we can enhance technology to make the employee experience user friendly
- Developing processes ensuring a great experience, data compliance and accuracy in relation to onboarding, employee events (maternity, paternity, leaves of absence) and offboarding ensuring the Butternut feel the whole way through
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and system enhancements of our new workforce management system to be user friendly, streamlined and connected to our processes in partnership with our People Assistant for Payroll
- Partner with Senior Recruiter on first class candidate to employee experience
- In partnership with the People Team develop key People Metrics that help us understand the engagement levels of the team and respond with action plans accordingly
👋🏽 A bit about you:
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- Engaging and personable
- CIPD qualified or previous people team / HR manufacturing experience
- Experience of manufacturing environment
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
🙌 A bit about what we offer:
- 257.5 Hours Holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (Equivalent of 21 - 22 Shifts)
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
‼️ A few things to note:
- Applications will be forwarded to our exclusive recruitment partner at Michael Page
- The interview process will be in three stages; video interview with our Butternut recruitment team, video interview with hiring manager, face to face interview with hiring manager and senior leadership team.