📣 A bit about the role.
As part of the Data team within the Software Engineering team, you will work closely with other data analysts to craft views and tables suitable for analysis, and then use those views and tables to answer business questions.
In this role you can expect to:
- Building and analysing acquisition and retention dashboards
- Building and analysing ops dashboards
- Forecasting future growth rates
- Anticipating required market spend across partnerships, events etc.
- Analysing the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Building rich customer profiles across demographics
- Manipulate and interpret large data sets to understand key performance metrics such as Cost-Per-Acquisition
- Communicate and present analysis regularly to senior management
- Helping create and maintain the core 'analytics' data model that is the single source of truth across the company (i.e translating engineering data model into something ready to use for analysts and end-users)
- Writing tests to ensure the reliability and integrity of your code.
- Giving and receiving peer code reviews and use that feedback to improve your own code
Who we are looking for...
You are a data analyst with 2+ years of commercial experience. You have a keen interest and sharp understanding of commercial analysis and are able to translate business questions into SQL, and able to communicate the results back to stakeholders in a clear way. You have proven your analytical skills across projects in a similar role. You are a problem solver with a highly analytical mind. You are fully comfortable writing SQL and have experience with a BI tool (ideally Looker). You are also able to manage your workload independently and maintain a sensible backlog of work. As a bonus, you have familiarity with ELT tools like DBT, and concepts like testing and data integrity. You work best collaborating with stakeholders. other analysts and engineers to make this all happen. Finally, you can't think of anything better than joining a company who's mission is to improve dog's lives.
👋 A bit about you.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Adept at building queries, writing reports and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools like Fivetran/DBT and BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Periscope would be advantageous
- Experience with version control and general software engineering philosophies would be very advantageous
- Strong reporting skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to manage your workload independently and maintain a sensible backlog of work.
- Passion for start-ups
- Obsessed with dogs!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌 A bit about what we offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) and an additional day for every year of service
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Butternut Box employee discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Friday drinks and monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Apple, Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no closing date for this role. However, we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We're not afraid of putting extra weight on candidates from underrepresented groups. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We're ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
- We are not looking for external agency support with this role.