📣 A bit about the role.
We are searching for an outgoing, hardworking, all-around great communicator who cares passionately about the experience that our customers receive. You will be joining an exceptional team to be the eyes and ears of Butternut Box, talking to our clients on a daily basis and coming up with ways to make their journey a better one. All incoming and outgoing customer contact will go through you. You will be empowered to help shape our customer journey and come up with new ways to make people’s lives easier and happier.
We want you to tell us in your initial application what your favourite dog breed is and why. The right fit will be someone who is motivated by the idea of bringing random moments of happiness to the people (and dogs!) we serve and is excited by the idea of working in an early-stage business.
Some of your day-to-day activities will include:
- Being the face and voice of Butternut Box to new and existing customers.
- Using communication tools including phone, email and live chat to keep customers informed.
- Dealing with queries, problems and feedback from our potential and current client base.
- Developing new and creative ways to bring happy moments to the people (and dogs!) we serve.
- Taking customer insights & feedback and turning those into strategic decisions for the future of the business.
- Helping to form our culture and voice, and bring a fresh pair of eyes to everything.
We need to be accessible to our customers at all times, this means that there will be some weekend work involved.
👋 A bit about you.
- Customer service experience would be a bonus but not essential.
- Ready to get stuck in and work hard.
- Reasonable numerical reasoning skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Kind, giving and thoughtful.
- Obsessive organiser.
- Eager to learn and improve.
- Genuine, honest, innovative and adaptable.
- Creative, curious and full of ideas.
- Obsessed with dogs.
- Passion for start-ups
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌A bit about what we offer.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Flexible working hours
- Co-working office space at Huckletree West
- Butternut Box employee discount.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles.