📣A bit about the role.
You’ll be the technical point of contact within the kitchen. You’ll be responsible to support a quality culture and management system to ensure that we deliver meals which are manufactured at the right quality, the first time, with no defeats.
You’ll solve day to day challenges whilst providing real-time information to the relevant stakeholders. You’ll be able to turn kitchen initiatives into tangible committed actions between teams and drive these into results. You will be responsible to communicate and ensure technical reporting accuracy.
This is a new role based in our brand-new, world-class, kitchen in Colne, Lancashire which will report into our NPD and Technical team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
You will be on the front line to make sure that all of our ingredients and recipes are ship shape. Knowledge of meat is essential because you’ll also be responsible to train and support the operational and despatch teams to ensure they can correctly spot the good, the bad and the ugly. You’ll need to be nifty on Microsoft because we’ll expect you to run trend analysis and drive improvement initiatives with our suppliers.
We strive to leave every customer with a smile on their face and therefore, we need to be as fast as Usain Bolt to resolve any customer concerns. You’ll be responsible to run speedy investigations in the kitchen and you’ll make sure our analytical monitoring plans are executed.
Creating and maintaining visual standards, QAS’s and operational standards will be your bread and butter. Where required, you will participate in new ingredient and process trials to ensure that our meal quality is maintained.
👋A bit about you.
- We envisage at least 3 years’ hands-on experience within the technical side of food production or related field.
- You will be educated to at least a degree level in food science or a related discipline and you’ll be comfortable with agricultural animal food production.
- You will be results and solution orientated with a proven track record.
- You will be able to hit the ground running. You’re not afraid of the grind.
- You’re a great communicator, credible and a team player. You’re able to push for change whilst motivating and driving others across all levels towards the same goals.
- IT skills are a must.
- Knowledge of the pet industry and guidelines would be a bonus.
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
We want to change the pet food industry for the better by helping dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives. We have come a long way since our co-founders (Kevin & David) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box.
We are on a mission to provide the best customer experience, feed more dogs and revolutionise an arcane industry using the latest technology. That’s where you come in….
🙌A bit about what we offer.
- An opportunity to join one of the quickest growing start-ups in the UK
- Competitive salary
- Onsite canteen
- 24 days holiday per year
- Opportunity to work closely with one of the largest UK supermarkets
- Equity options
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles.