📣A bit about the role.
We are looking for a software engineer with 3+ years of commercial experience. You care deeply about the quality of products you and your team build, and are motivated by shipping features and products that make a real impact. Seeing people benefit from your work is what gets you out of the bed in the morning. Finally, you can't think of anything better than joining a company whose mission is to improve dogs lives.
As part of the Platform Engineering Team, you will report into our Head of Engineering. You will also work closely with the Product, Operations and Customer Love Teams to help solve problems by building internal tools and directly impact the operation of many teams across the business.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Tackle problems ranging from integrating with our logistics partners to improving internal workflows and systems.
- Contribute to the architecture and development direction of the team to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
- Work across the stack (Ruby on Rails, Elm, React JS, Redux, PostgreSQL) to deliver quality, maintainable code.
- Collaborate and learn with other team members via pair programming, mentoring, code reviews, and technical talks.
- Learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & processes.
👋A bit about you.
- 3+ years commercial experience in a similar role
- Commercial experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AWS (We use CloudFront, S3, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk and IAM)
- An interest in constantly learning new tools and developing your skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset
- Proactive, driven, entrepreneurial with a 'can do’ attitude
- Passion for startups
- Obsessed with dogs!
🐶 A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
Our goal is to help dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives whilst leaving humans smiling after every interaction. We’ve come a long way since our co-founders (Kev & Dave) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, we now feed a lot of dogs across the UK - but we want to feed dogs everywhere. And to do this, we need a team of brilliant people who share that ambition to come and work with us.
🙌A bit about what we offer.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space at Huckletree West
- Butternut Box employee discount.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with NEST
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs (Chambo, Willow, Pugwash, Bella, Gizmo, River, Pip and many more….)
❗️A few things to note:
- There is no specific date this role will go down but we normally experience a high volume of applications so if you are interested we suggest applying as soon as possible.
- We aim to respond to all applicants personally. Our recruitment team is small so do bear with us.
- Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- We don’t use external recruitment agencies for assistance on roles.