Butlr is on a mission to make the built environment people-aware. We live and work in houses and buildings that aren't aware of their inhabitants. We heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, clean areas that haven't been used, and lease office space. Our vision is to enable smarter buildings and increase the quality of life.
Spun out of the MIT Media Lab in 2019 with offices in Silicon Valley and Boston, Butlr was founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs Honghao Deng and Jiani Zeng. Butlr's People Sensing Platform anonymously infers human presence and activity via its thermal, wireless sensors to deliver rich spatial insights at a fraction of the cost and time of legacy alternatives.
Since 2019, we have been working with dozens of top occupiers, landlords, and service providers in North America, Europe, and Asia, in addition to partners in senior living and retail. We are operating in three of the FANG companies, along with some of the largest brands in the world. As we’ve been growing considerably yearly, we’re hiring talented and passionate people to join our team to help us continue our growth.
About the Role:
The Butlr system is used in Commercial Real Estate and Senior Living Applications. As we rapidly improve and add features to the system we need to develop a quality assurance program that scales with our organization. This role would lead the development of system level test automation in both scope, design and implementation.
- Proficiency in at least one OO language: C++, Java, GO
- Proficiency in at least one scripting/functional language: Python, Bash, C
- 3+ years in software development
- CI/CD development experience and associated technologies
- Lifelong learning mentality
- Takes responsibility for failures
- Thinks about things with resect to the point of view of other people
- Takes ownership of issues or problems and resolves them.
- Independent and takes on initiative to understand problems and understand/resolve them.
- Takes pride in obtaining a high quality of work and improving the quality of the products a company is making.
- Experience in container based architectures: Kubernetes, ECS, Docker
- Experience in microservice messaging: Kafka, MQTT, Kinesis, SNS
- Experience in large data systems
- Experience in IoT
Develop testing infrastructure for our system level automated tests that integrates with our CI/CD pipeline. This work will include significant improvements and additions to our automated tests, developing metrics for code coverage and feature coverage.
Build a metrics system that automatically quantifies the coverage of our high level automated testing.
Define the testing infrastructure including the API.
Maintain and expand our current testing, logging tickets when the API is not respected or fixing the infrastructure.
Work with the Head of Engineering to determine if SW releases should occur.
Location: This is a remote position, however we have locations in San Francisco, Boston and North Carolina.
Salary: $165,000-195,000 base salary with a signing bonus plus equity
- World-class team with low ego.
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Premium / Gold Medical, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage for employee and dependents.
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.