Butlr is on a mission to make the built environment people-aware. Think about it: we live and work in houses and buildings that aren't really aware of their inhabitants. As a result, we heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, clean areas that haven't been used, and lease office space that are never really occupied.
Our vision is to enable smarter buildings and increase the quality of life by making spaces people-aware without compromising privacy. To do so, we have developed our People Sensing Platform which anonymously infers human presence and activity via its thermal, wireless sensors. Through our novel technology, we deliver rich spatial insights at a fraction of the cost and time of legacy alternatives.
Spun out of the MIT Media Lab in 2019 with offices in Silicon Valley and Boston, Butlr was founded by Forbes 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs Honghao Deng and Jiani Zeng. Since 2019, we have been working with dozens of top occupiers, landlords, and service providers in North America, Europe, and Asia, in addition to partners in senior living and retail. Our mission is backed by some of the strongest leaders in the industry, such as Qualcomm Ventures, Tiger Global, Carrier, and Ray Stata, co-founder of Analog Devices. We proudly serve dozens of fortune 500 companies, along with some of the largest brands in the world. As we’ve been growing rapidly per year, we’re hiring talented and passionate people to join our team and work with us towards our mission to make the built environment people-aware!
About the position
Butlr is looking for an experienced and highly self-motivated Senior Account Executive to help continue our rapid growth. As an early member of our sales team, you will work closely with the Head Of Sales and supporting sales functions to qualify, develop and drive all sales direct and channel-led sales opportunities. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a formative role in a rapidly growing team with a vital, unified mission. This role reports directly to the Head of Sales.
- Minimum of 5+ years working in technology in a sales executive role at a fast-paced market-leading company.
- Demonstrable track record of managing complex sales cycles, meeting/exceeding sales targets and driving large transactions ($1m+ ACV) including expansions from existing accounts.
- Experience in managing and driving complex opportunities, leveraging partner networks, negotiating commercial terms, working collaboratively with other functional teams, and deploying/allocating the appropriate resources to an opportunity.
- Successful sales track record of prospecting into new territories, positioning & selling enterprise software or software-as-a-service enterprise solutions.
- Ability to actively manage multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of building relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Skilled in navigating organizations to find and engage the right contact.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to both listen and negotiate.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Knowledge and practitioner of consultative sales processes and methodologies like MEDDIC.
- Experience selling in the proptech, CRE or Facilities Management domain is preferred but not a requirement.
While there will be much detail and initiatives underlying these, fundamentally we’re looking for someone who can achieve the following objectives with regards to driving sales within net-new and expansion opportunities.
- Consistently hit or exceed quarterly sales quotas.
- Proactively identify sales opportunities and build an active sales pipeline.
- Provide accurate forecasting/pipeline information to management coupled with tight management of key performance metrics.
- Manage a pipeline of customers by leveraging data and internal tools to optimize time for customer effectiveness and impact.
- Manage the full sales cycle with operational excellence, owning deals from prospecting to close with large enterprise customers and channel partners.
- Build and leverage a deep and wide partner network at the field level.
- Effectively position Butlr’s offerings to address prospects’ requirements.
- Deliver detailed demonstration of Butlr’s solutions, leveraging sales support resources when necessary.
- Collaborate with other functional areas to manage the complexity of an enterprise sales cycle.
- Aggressively drive upsells and cross-sells opportunities in existing customer base to ensure a high level of account penetration.
Location: This is a remote position. However, we have locations in San Francisco, Boston, and North Carolina. Close proximity to these locations is preferred, but not required.
- World-class team with low egos.
- Founders won Forbes 30 Under 30 distinction in 2021
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- A flexible work environment
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Salary: $240,000-$300,000 OTE
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a healthy work-life balance culture and encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.