Butlr is on a Mission to make the built environment people-aware. Think about it: we live and work in houses and buildings that aren't really aware of their inhabitants. As a result, we heat and cool spaces when no one is in them, we clean areas that haven't been used and lease office space that we don't ever use - 40% of office space was un-utilized, and that was before the pandemic.
Our Vision is to enable smarter buildings and an increased quality of life by making spaces people-aware without compromising privacy. Our founders spun us out of MIT in 2019. We use thermal sensors to accurately and anonymously capture insights on human presence and activity in space. We are backed by top tier VCs like Founder Collective in addition to world class angels like Scott Belsky (CPO, Adobe) and the founders of Whoop.
We work with household names consisting of major owners, occupiers and service providers in corporate real estate, as well as with senior living providers for remote patient monitoring applications. We are experiencing massive growth and are scaling accordingly. We are a remote friendly company with a culture that values collaboration, excellence, innovation, humility and a ‘get it done’ mentality.
About the position
Our systems are used in commercial real estate and senior living applications. As
we rapidly improve and add features to the system, we are building a Quality
Assurance team that scales with our organization. This role will lead the strategy and execution behind our system level test automation in both scope, design and implementation.
- You have a proficiency in at least one OO language: C++, Java, GO
- You have a proficiency in at least one scripting/functional language: Python, Bash, C
- You have 3+ years in software development in test experience
- You have worked on CI/CD development and associated technologies
- You love to learn new things
- You are always thinking about others, taking your teammates into account.
- You take ownership of issues or problems and resolve them
- You are independent and take on initiatives to understand problems or potential problems and understand/resolve them
- You take pride in producing high quality of work and improving the quality of the products a company is building
- You have experience in container based architectures: Kubernetes, ECS, Docker
- You have experience in microservice messaging: Kafka, MQTT, Kinesis, SNS
- You have experience with large data systems
- You have experience in IoT
- Lead the strategy and execution behind our system level test automation in both scope, design and implementation
- Develop a metrics system that automatically quantifies the coverage of our high level automated testing.
- Define the testing infrastructure including the API.
- Maintain and expand our current testing setup
- Work with our Head of Engineering to determine if software releases should be made or delayed, depending on the coverage that we have and the results of the existing tests.
Location: This is a remote position, however we have locations in San Francisco, Boston and North Carolina.
- World-class team with low ego.
- World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer 2022
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Premium / Gold Medical, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage for employee and dependents.
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
$150,000 - $175,000 doe
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.