Butlr is striving to make interior environments more people-aware. We have developed a breakthrough people sensing product and platform that uses wireless, thermal sensors to detect human presence and activity. Our product quickly and affordably understands the usage of space, and preserves the anonymity of human identity. Our product is incapable of capturing personally identifiable information.
Through the combination of privacy, ease of installation, time to value, and the lowest cost of ownership on market, our product is used by our customers and partners to provide spatial intelligence data and insights to make data-driven decisions in real estate. Added benefits include a reduction in wasted space, building-use efficiency, and a better employee experience. Senior living and healthcare settings are using our product to increase wellness and the standard of care.
Butlr is hiring an experienced engineering leader to join its executive team to drive product/market leadership. The Staff Software Engineer (Tech Lead) will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Design architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling of new and current systems
- Create an environment of accountability and culture obsessed with product quality
- Work closely with the software product management team to render and realize product roadmap
- Develop engineering plans, schedules, resource requirements, and budgets in support of the roadmap development process.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience with REST API design and implementation
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices Nomad
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps and Infrastructure
- Experience with large scale, production environments
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud providers
- Experience working with scientists on algorithm and model development.
- Experience coaching and leading junior engineers.
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with IoT systems
- Experience with time-series databases, e.g., InfluxDB
- Strong listening, verbal, written, and presentational skills
- Analytical mindset - ability to decompose high-level problems into separable tasks
- Strategic mindset - ability to align business objectives with engineering processes
- M.S. or Ph.D in science or engineering, ideally with technical depth in statistics, data science, machine learning, causal methods, and optimization techniques.
- World class team with low ego
- Founders won Forbes 30 Under 30 distinction in 2021
- A work environment that is flexible
- Supportive investors such as Founder Collective, Hyperplane, E14 Fund and 500 Startups, including amazing angel investors such as the founders of Whoop, Simplisafe, and the Chief Product Officer at Adobe.
- Generous paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Why working at Butlr is great!
We are building a culture that puts people first! We’re a team of engaging, motivated, and intelligent problem-solvers who are committed to making an impact. We believe in fostering a culture of healthy work-life balance, and we encourage an inviting, collaborative, fun work environment.
Butlr is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
Butlr provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Butlr will comply with federal and state mandates regarding COVID-19 vaccinations. We will require employees coming on-site to be vaccinated or in compliance with weekly testing requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.