Bungie is seeking a Senior IT Engineer with experience in AWS cloud administration to join our fast-paced industry-leading IT Engineering team. Do you enjoy solving complex issues? Can you help our teams plan resilient AWS solutions? Do you enjoy working within high-performance production environments? Then come help Bungie IT Engineering support the teams creating our world class games.
As a Sr. IT Engineer at Bungie, you will architect, implement and support technology solutions for our studio & datacenter operations, global partner integrations and customer facing production systems. You’ll work with a team of highly experienced IT engineers to continuously improve and evolve our technology infrastructures to ensure Bungie remains at the pinnacle as an entertainment company.
Successful candidates must be a seasoned & experienced professional, have a drive for excellence, solid work ethic, strong ability to mentor others, be able to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways, possess solid project management skills, be highly organized and a great communicator.
- Engineer, deploy, and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure to support internal development and production game environments
- Build out and manage automation infrastructure to support various projects
- Work with team members to troubleshoot complex issues and work with lower tier support on escalations
- Assist with ongoing training for our IT Support team and cross training for IT Engineering team members
- Research, selection, planning, and implementation of new technologies to support scaling of applications to meet customer and business needs
- Develop tools and scripts to assist with routine maintenance tasks
- Plan and support the implementation of major architectural changes
- Support for all related products and triage any issues that come up
- Maintain documentation of systems and processes
- Experience with AWS administration and configuration protocols and services (Organizations, IAM, SSO, AWS Networking, EC2
- Working knowledge and experience with configuration\automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc)
- Working knowledge of core Internet protocols and services (e.g., IP, TCP, UDP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, SMB, NFS, syslog) required
- Collaborates with department or team leads to work on complex issues or projects within their platform ecosystem(s)
- Managing medium complexity projects with multiple team members and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to describe in details the steps and approach taken to complete your tasks
- Knowledge of datacenter and live production best practices and experience working in live high availability customer facing production environments
- Automation Administration at scale, experience with package and source management, security best practices, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with various network hardware (Cisco, Juniper, A10, Arista, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Information security experience
- Container / Kubernetes experience
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.