Do you delight in helping engineers grow into experts? Do you love games and the technology that enables the crafting of multiplayer experiences? Do you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent? Would you like to help Bungie continue to build amazing gameplay?
As a Gameplay Engineering Manager at Bungie, you will guide other engineers to extend and improve the Destiny 2 sandbox and help formulate our strategy for extending it in a constantly evolving live-service environment. You will create, prioritize, and organize the backlog of work for the team by balancing customer desires, business goals, and technical needs. Most importantly, you will work with a fun and dedicated team devoted to creating world-class gaming experiences.
- Guide six Destiny 2 gameplay sandbox engineers
- Collaborate with design leads to develop technical solutions that meet their needs
- Manage two to four gameplay engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Be a driver, decision-maker, or guide for technical decision-making in the area, as appropriate
- Experience managing and mentoring high throughput engineers
- Comfortable communicating with reports, customers, and leadership about difficult topics
- Experience designing and building player gameplay features
- Effective communication with fellow engineers to jointly design, write, and review code through team consensus and alignment
- Ability to communicate with customers from both technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Ability to build and maintain production quality C++ code.
- Mathematics background in trigonometry, linear algebra, and calculus
- Experience leading (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping is a huge plus
- Experience with entity-component architectures for implementing gameplay
- Experience working on a live service game
- Experience working on networked gameplay
- Experience working on animation
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.