Would you like to work on awe-inspiring worlds that bring people together, with supportive industry talent, at a company that values work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee? Are you serious about game security? Do you love digging into machine code? Are you keen to build up the walls that keep bad actors out of our games? At Bungie, we build worlds that inspire friendships, and the Product Security Team exists to keep those worlds and our players safe.
As an Application Security (AppSec) Engineer, you will design and maintain our anti-cheat protections and detections. You will become an expert in these systems and a resource for our analysts in their hunt for malefactors. You will work with customers on our game teams to identify current and future security needs and identify workable solutions, and you will be a resource for our gameplay engineers and designers, helping them ensure fair and honest gameplay.
- Architect, develop, and maintain anti-cheat technology in our C/C++ game client(s)
- Analyze cheat and release binary behaviors to inform future anti-cheat direction
- Keep abreast of developments in the cybersecurity and OS development industries
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to develop and improve cheat detections
- Develop and maintain relationships with external security partners
- Help come up with policies that improve our security landscape
- C/C++ application development (optimized code, data layout, robust access patterns)
- Low-level debugging skills (multi-threaded debugging, optimized code debugging, etc.)
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture where you work closely with others to reach common goals—team fit and culture are very important to us
- Knowledgeable about Windows APIs and Windows Kernel internals
- Anti-cheat or cybersecurity experience
- Familiarity with kernel mode operation
- Reverse engineering experience
- C# and/or tools experience
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.