Are you ready to evolve Destiny's powerful build system to support the creation of new worlds, new games, and beyond? Are you excited to help build consensus across your team and partners towards the best possible outcome for customers? Would you like to work on worlds that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As the Distributed Systems Engineering Lead at Bungie, you will lead a team of engineers in developing and maintaining our internal build farm and associated workflows. You will be part of our Central Technology group, working closely with multiple game teams to parallelize and improve their workflows. You will partner with our operations team to ensure they have the right tools to support our build farm and customers. You will tackle the unique challenges of continuously delivering world-class games to our players.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA.
- Manage Distributed Systems Engineers and Architects, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development guidance
- Work with Central Technology leadership to define and create the future of Bungie’s Build Farm
- Represent the needs of the Build Farm Team to key stakeholders, balancing and prioritizing requests against the team’s roadmap
- Design, build, test, and maintain the systems and tooling that support our Build Farm
- Be a key contributor in Build Farm architecture design and reviews
- Willingness to be part of a “we” culture. You work well with others to reach common goals— team fit, and culture are especially important to us
- Experience leading teams developing complex products with high cross-team dependencies
- Experience managing or mentoring other engineers
- Experience with distributed systems development in C#, C++, Java, or another object-oriented language
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience developing build systems.
- Deep operating systems knowledge (Windows and/or Linux/Unix)
- Experience with SQL (specifically with sprocs and high-contention queries)
- Familiar with agile software development (e.g., scrum, kanban, etc.)
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.