Do you enjoy seeing players experience Destiny for the first time? Are you drawn to breaking down and understanding the various game systems in order to best introduce them to the player? Does the idea of iterating and upgrading the onboarding experience for millions of new users excite you?
As a Design Lead, you are a strong leader who can identify goals and vision, set strategy for the team, break down complex goals into more simple tasks and direction, is passionate about fostering a culture of helping everyone make their ideas stronger, and utilizes analytics and feedback to upgrade the player experience.
- Work closely with the Area Lead and Leadership Team to identify and prioritize features for improving engagement and retention of players in the first 10-hours of gameplay, and returning players
- Identify and develop goals and success criteria for features
- Utilize input from business product management and analytics to inform decisions
- Represent the new and returning player perspective in the scope of the Destiny experience
- Drive, coordinate, empower, and unblock your team to achieve their best
- Ensure the Team's work is achievable by guiding them to appropriately adjust scope and ambition
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure a cohesive experience for new or returning players
- Experience setting vison, strategy, and roadmaps for a team
- Experience developing and iterating on feature goals
- Experience creating systems for a world class game
- Ability to handle ambiguity, including effectively leading a team in the face of ambiguity
- Experience working with analytics and product management
- Ability to communicate effectively across disciplines (written and verbal)
- Experience working on shared world games
- Experience working with tutorials, onboarding, or learning content
- Experience hiring, training, and managing other Designers
- Experience working on FPS action games
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.