This posting is for current students with anticipated graduation dates in 2023 or 2024.
Bungie is looking for a Product Support Tech Intern! You will be supporting the people working on our world class games and their systems. Bungie's IT support team is an agile group whose day-to day duties and challenges are varied, from supporting creative staff with high end applications to managing and troubleshooting hardware.
The ideal candidate has strong troubleshooting skills, a good team attitude, exceptional customer service skills and a hunger for expanding their technical breadth. We often tread the razor’s edge on new technology adoption, so adaptability and a strong desire to research, investigate and roll out new technologies is a must.
We are looking for a Product Support Technician interested in learning about all aspects of the hardware and software systems used in the development of our games. (Hardware would be PCs and First-party Development Kits, software includes our extensive development catalog, along with OS familiarity with Windows, Mac, and UNIX/LINUX).
Additional areas of focus include: Ticketing system use and training, new hire onboarding (PC build, image deployment, account configurations), assistance with patching endpoints, mobile device troubleshooting and deployment, customer support experience for both on-site and remote employees, and more.
On-the-job training will ensure that at the conclusion of the internship, the candidate will be ready for a vast variety of IT roles, not only due to training, but hands-on experience provided by the Bungie IT Team and partner teams.
This position is available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA.
- Provide hardware, software, systems support and troubleshooting
- Learn the infrastructure cabling topology of the server labs, run/punch down network cabling from switches or patch panels to desks, servers, etc.
- Administer user accounts (Active Directory/Office365/MS Teams)
- Install and track software and licenses (Perforce, Adobe, Autodesk, File shares)
- Participate in analyzing and debugging desktop software applications
- Participate in the maintenance of equipment, inventory and related documentation
- Assist in the deployment of development kits
- Assist with equipment installation and relocation during team reorganizations and expansions
- Rack and install server and network hardware
- Receive and ship inventory on an as needed basis
- Assist with documenting approved articles to the IT Support knowledge base
- Familiarity with troubleshooting tools (Resource Monitor, ProcMon, Sysinternals, etc)
- Ability and desire to work in a multiplatform hardware environment (PC, MAC, RAID, IOS, Android and some Linux)
- Proficiency in some or all software applications and protocols including MS Office, Mac Office, SSH, FTP, Anti-Virus, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly in a highly technical, fast paced and deadline intensive environment
- Embraces an inclusive work environment in addition to being a great collaborator and communicator
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds as needed
- Experience with IP networking (Subnetting, VLANS, Routing)
- Experience in a role involving direct customer contact (internal and external customers)
- Familiarity with project management and service delivery concepts
- Experience in installation and administration of operating systems, including Windows 10, 11 and Mac OS
- Familiarity with command line tools
- Some experience with AV systems (projectors, HD televisions, audio receivers etc.)
- Familiarity with OS deployment tools (MDT, Fogg, etc.)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Interest, enthusiasm and knowledge of the games industry
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.