Would you like to work on a new IP at Bungie that combines amazing action feel with lighthearted and whimsical characters? Are you excited to work on multiplayer combat and action gameplay? Have you ever had a debate about what prediction model a new online game is using?
As a Lead Gameplay Engineer at Bungie, you will build the architecture and systems underlying multiplayer gameplay that feels amazing – the nexus of animation, gameplay, and networking - on a new IP using a wide range of technologies. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to making a new franchise at Bungie.
We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
- Build and maintain dependable production-quality networked gameplay systems, workflows, and tools
- Directly manage and lead several engineers, providing support, technical mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development coaching
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new experiences
- Effectively write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation and email communication, with the ability to summarize complex topics and achieve alignment across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to help them navigate technology and achieve their goals
- Experience leading (direct management, mentoring, or guiding) engineers
- Professional experience as a software engineer in game development who has built networked real-time action gameplay systems (ex. input layers, prediction and collision models, character controllers, etc.)
- Experience solving game problems rooted in math (ex. physics simulations, animation IK, character controllers)
- Interest in the competitive gaming landscape
- Experience with a variety of current game engines building for many platforms (PC, Console, Mobile, VR)
- Experience with “games as a service” online game development
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.