Do you try to make the lives of those around you better? Do you hate inefficiency and work to eliminate it? Are you an innovator with a native curiosity about how things work, but also an investigator who can get to the bottom of mysteries with a penchant for working with people?
Production Engineers are force multipliers who use their expertise across Bungie systems and their passion for supporting others to augment the studio's effectiveness at shipping high quality content. As a Production Engineer, you will identify improvements to our workflows and unblock and provide desk-side support to content creators often on tight deadlines. You will use this experience both to be an advocate for content creators to the Engineering org for long-term solutions and in the meantime to find workable short-term solutions to get things humming again. You will also document new knowledge and learn deeply about the various systems at play in how Bungie makes amazing games.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Solve unexpected and difficult problems in unfamiliar areas, often in times of crisis
- Support a small team or area in day-to-day work
- Identify workflow and process improvements
- Test and verify usability of in-development workflows
- Implement game content as appropriate
- Create and maintain documentation on proprietary tool sets
- Service-oriented mentality. (You get joy from seeing others succeed.)
- Quick learner in unfamiliar areas
- Demonstrated autonomy and proactivity
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical developers
- Experience with Windows command line and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Experience with source control software, especially Perforce
- Demonstrated ability to break a process down into its individual steps and think about how to address each one, especially how to tell a computer to address each one
- Training in scripting or object-oriented programming (or equivalent experience) or training in game art or game design workflows (or equivalent experience)
- Customer service experience, especially desk-side technical support experience
- Familiarity with Digital Content Creation applications (3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Wwise)
- Familiarity with game development suites (Unity, Unreal)
- Familiarity with end user UR or UX best practices