As a Senior Concept Artist, you will create art for a new Bungie IP from prototype through production – everything from exploring character designs and iconography to proposing visual solutions for broad worldbuilding questions. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and passionate cross-discipline team devoted to building a new world for players to share. We look for candidates who value joining a mission-focused team with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, interests, and viewpoints.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team to uphold & contribute to the creative vision of the game
- Create concept art (thumbnails, sketches, paintings, etc.) to inspire and clearly communicate ideas to the team
- Contribute original visual design ideas to explore the boundaries of characters, worldbuilding, VFX, and visual style
- Mentor and collaborate with internal & external artists to bring a wide variety of perspectives to the project
- Guide production art in collaboration with modelers, animators, designers, etc.
- Proven production experience in game, animation, tv, or film projects
- Experience generating and developing conceptual ideas from prototype through finished product
- A strong understanding of character design (shape, color, costume, etc.) and its relationship to gameplay
- A solid understanding of environment design (structure, composition, mood, lighting, etc.)
- A desire to explore the possibilities of stylized visuals for real-time game content
- Embrace "we" culture in addition to being an outstanding collaborator and communicator
- Comfortable building throwaway work to prove concepts as quickly as possible
- Graphic design and/or UI/UX visual design experience
- Familiarity with development using Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Competency / familiarity with creating 3d art for concept or prototyping
- Strong familiarity with the competitive gaming landscape