Bungie is seeking an experienced professional in the field of Business Continuity and Risk Management. The Business Continuity Senior Manager is responsible for managing an Enterprise Business Continuity (EBC) program and staff that supports continued operations and crisis management. This position will drive sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business plans. The Team’s work will be an integral part of the risk management and life cycle of our studio’s systems, processes, and operations.
A successful candidate must be able to effectively advise and collaborate with senior leadership, multiple business units and Information Technology on business continuity strategy using subject matter expertise in identifying requirements, documentation of plans, and continual improvement of the program.
This role will be responsible for supporting and guiding the organizational crisis management team in testing business continuity plans as well as crisis events. The Business Continuity Senior Manager will communicate and collaborate with department directors and the executive team to develop and implement plans to anticipate, address, and mitigate the effects of various business interruptions.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Develop, document, communicate, and implement actions to manage and mature Bungie's business continuity program including authoring and maintaining relevant business continuity policy, standards, and processes
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert advisor to Bungie Leadership Team and senior management in the development, implementation, proper sequencing, and maintenance of Business Continuity Plans
- Develop and assist IT leadership in implementing business continuity plans that reflect the evolving nature of digital organizations; incorporating continuity of operations considering a mixture of physical, virtual, and cloud environments that make up critical infrastructure
- Provides quality assurance for business continuity plans and business impact analysis documentation to ensure qualitative and quantitative assessments by plan owners are properly rated for all business process areas, contain all required sections, reflect current conditions, and inter-plan dependencies are aligned
- Perform ongoing development, testing and implementation of the business continuity program aligning with NIST CSF guidance
- Communicate best practices and assist business units as necessary to create, update, maintain, and periodically test business continuity plans
- Develops and provides staff training on business continuity topics and management of crisis events to prepare the organization for natural and man-made disruptive events, including cybersecurity incidents
- Works with health, safety, and security staff and local, state, and federal agencies to integrate and align the organizations emergency management plan with established best practices and community standards
- Consult with management to ensure that departments consider information security risks in both ongoing and planned operations
- Responsible for regulatory and audit components related to business continuity requirements; providing required documentation, participating as subject matter expert in interviews, and leading any improvement efforts resulting from internal and external assessments
- Conduct risk assessments for various departments and functions, analyzing potential business impact of unpredictable business interruptions such as natural disasters, security breach, legal claims, and market disruptions
- Facilitate update to Business Impact Analysis with key stakeholders and approval of Bungie’s Senior Leadership as well as annual updates to the Bungie’s Board of Directors
- Develop and execute annual Business Continuity exercise schedule, to include testing of critical business process and vendors. This will include training for the Crisis Management Team as well as targeted training for specific systems or departments as needed
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to department staff, to develop and encourage their performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting performance reviews
- Participate in the resourcing and AOP budgeting processes for Business Continuity, by planning the objectives and initiatives for the team along with tracking progress with relevant goals, objectives, and tasks
- Produce test reports including lessons learned for various training and exercises conducted. Coordinate follow up on lessons as required, concentrating on providing support and guidance for plan owners and senior management
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned
- Experience with progressive leadership in Enterprise Business Continuity planning and testing, auditing, risk analysis and contingency planning; specific to program leadership experience. Preference for relevant leadership within the financial industry experience
- Combined experience in functional responsibility within cybersecurity, business continuity planning, risk management, and continuity of operations required, seven years or more preferred
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or other relevant business continuity certifications are preferred
- Experience implementing business continuity programs in organizations with critical systems in cloud, hosted, and hybrid delivery configurations where off-line or manual contingency processes are infeasible
- Ability to support risk management and strategic decision making by leveraging predictive and prescriptive analytics to prepare comparative analyses as part of business continuity planning and business impact analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner
- Sound project management and planning skills, both short and long-term planning
- Expert presentation skills to large groups for program training and updates as well as on an individual level to facilitate plan owner learning
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and project