Do you get a thrill from throwing yourself into difficult problems with unclear solutions? Do you like being a nexus of information and capability across test, design, and engineering workflows? Have you written scripts to tell your computer to do your work for you? Are you a renaissance person, always looking to learn something new making sure others have a pathway to that knowledge as well?
Production Engineers are force multipliers who use their expertise across Bungie systems and their passion for supporting others to augment the studio's effectiveness at shipping high quality content. As a Production Engineer, you will identify improvements to our workflows and unblock and provide desk-side support to content creators often on tight deadlines. You will use this experience both to be an advocate for content creators to the Engineering org and to find workable short-term solutions and pushing for meaningful long-term solutions to prevent the issues from happening again. You will often work autonomously as you navigate a multitude of evolving workflows for the teams you support.
The Partner Production Engineer supports both internal teams and external partners in creating content in the Destiny IP. The role consists of keeping teams unblocked, answering technical questions on pipelines and content, exporting and gathering content to send to partners, and creating documentation around IP licensing processes. The ability to make updates to export pipelines and automating asset gathering is highly desirable. The ideal PE is highly collaborative and always looking for ways to help others.
- Solve unexpected and difficult problems in unfamiliar areas, often in times of crisis
- Support assigned team in day-to-day work
- Identify and drive workflow and process improvements
- Test and verify usability of in-development workflows
- Create and maintain documentation on proprietary tool sets
- Write tools and scripts to improve content creation efficiency and quality
- Provide the content and information needed to expedite partners in their development process
- Service-oriented mentality
- Quick learner in unfamiliar areas
- High levels of autonomy and proactivity
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical developers
- Aptitude for scripting or object-oriented programming
- Experience with Windows command line and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Experience with source control software, especially Perforce
- Strong communication skills in cross-cultural environment
- Willingness to work outside of core hours for conference calls with external teams (typically 5pm-8pm PST)
- Experience working on a AAA or large mobile game
- Technical Art or Computer Science education or applicable work experience
- Demonstrated ability for scripting or object-oriented programming
- Desk-side technical support experience
- Familiarity with Digital Content Creation applications (3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Wwise)
- Familiarity with game development suites (Unity, Unreal)
- Familiarity with end user UR or UX best practices
- Experience working with external partners
- Chinese language skills
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.