Bungie is looking for an experienced Product Support Technician. You will be supporting the infrastructure and people working on our world class games. Bungie's IT support team is a small group whose day-to day duties and challenges are varied, from supporting creative staff with high end applications to maintaining server and technical infrastructure. The ideal candidate has strong troubleshooting skills, a good team attitude, exceptional customer service skills and a hunger for expanding their technical breadth. We often tread the razor’s edge on new technology adoption, so adaptability and a strong desire to research, investigate and roll out new technologies is a must.
We are looking for a Product Support Technician capable of testing and troubleshooting all aspects of the hardware and software systems used in the development of our games. (Hardware would be PCs and DevKits, software includes our extensive development catalog, along with OS familiarity with Windows, Mac, and UNIX/LINUX).
* This position is full time in our offices in Bellevue & Seattle and we currently require all employees onsite to be full vaccinated
- Install workstation operating systems according to documented procedures and/or customer specific needs
- Troubleshoot computer and basic networking issues
- Understand the infrastructure cabling topology of the server labs, run/punch down network cabling from switches or patch panels to desks, servers, etc.
- Provides support for MS Windows 7, 8.x, 10, and Macintosh OS, with limited troubleshooting of UNIX / LINUX systems
- Provides hardware, software and systems support
- Use custom tools to support users and their systems
- Administer user accounts (Active Directory/MS Exchange/MS Lync)
- Install and track software and licenses (P4 / File share)
- Participate in analyzing and debugging desktop software applications
- Participate in the maintenance of equipment, inventory and related documentation
- Assist in the deployment of dev kits
- Assist with equipment installation and relocation during team reorganizations and expansions
- Rack and install server and network hardware
- Receive and ship inventory on an as needed basis
- Assist with documenting approved articles to the IT Support knowledge base
- Experience in a related line of work
- Proficient in using troubleshooting tools (Resource Monitor, ProcMon, Sysinternals, etc)
- Ability to work in a multiplatform hardware environment (PC, MAC, RAID, IOS, Android and some Linux)
- Skilled in installation and administration of operating systems, including Windows 7, 8.X, 10 and Mac OS
- Experience with IP networking (Subnetting, VLANS, Routing)
- Proficiency in software applications and protocols including MS Office, Mac Office, SSH, FTP, Anti-Virus, etc.
- Competent with command line tools
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and able to immediately contribute
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical, fast paced and deadline intensive environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, project management and service delivery skills are required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Experience in a role involving direct customer contact (internal and external customers)
- Degree in an IT associated field of study
- ComTIA A+ Certification
- Some experience with AV systems (projectors, HD televisions, audio receivers etc.)
- Ability to take ownership of projects
- Self-starter and ability to work without supervision
- Server HW troubleshooting and experience in a high availability datacenter style environment
- Experience in server disk array management and troubleshooting
- Experience with batch scripting for enterprise management
- Familiarity with OS deployment tools (MDT, Fogg, etc.)
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.