The Bungie Publishing Team is looking for a seasoned Senior Communications Manager to lead the Communications function for the APAC region. In this role you will develop, manage and execute integrated & innovative communications strategies & campaigns for Bungie’s franchises throughout the Asia Pacific region and serve as a key stakeholder for our International Communications team. In this role, you will partner closely with the global communications and territory marketing leadership to align on commercial objectives for the business and create strategies customized to APAC markets that deliver impactful, earned editorial media coverage in traditional and new media channels and support fostering relationships and partnerships with content creators and influential ambassadors to generate high-engagement activations.
In addition to driving APAC communications efforts, you will also work in close collaboration with the broader Bungie Publishing team with multiple stakeholders from community, marketing, production and game development to ensure that all local APAC activities directly drive commercial goals, align with the global communications strategy and are integrated into the global go-to-market plan, and delivers on global franchise priorities.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader, team player and hardworking professional that has a passion for innovative, modern marketing and the ability to reach local audiences with a customized approach. The candidate should be a highly flexible, motivated self-starter and polished executor who can adapt quickly to changing factors in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while staying highly organized and focused on the shared team objectives (across the wider publishing organization) and work proactively and independently while contributing to the goals of the team.
To find success, they will need to excel at long distance (multiple time zone) cross-team collaboration and communication while also championing internationally-focused and region-specific PR & marketing initiatives.
This role reports to the Director of Global Communications.
- Act as a regional expert on APAC media, influencers & community, providing strategic thought leadership to Bungie planning sessions from a Communications perspective
- In close collaboration with the Global Communications Team, develop, manage and execute creative and strategic APAC PR for a live service game that is seamlessly integrated into the broader marketing campaign and sets a gold standard for the industry
- Understand the current state of the media landscape and upcoming trends in APAC markets and leverage those ongoing insights to drive strategic communication recommendations for Bungie franchises
- Understand business goals and develop projects and initiatives that use modern communications techniques to positively impact them for the APAC region
- Represent APAC needs & requirements in the Global PR agenda, highlighting key issues upwards in the organization for meaningful discussion and resolution
- Propose, develop, and manage the execution of local-specific ideas and initiatives to complement the existing global strike plan
- Lead and manage APAC PR/Social agencies to execute all campaigns with excellence and within budget; including community management to ensure relevant social communications are timely and develop a deeper understanding of local player behavior to highlight support requirements and opportunities for growth
- Track and report on the performance of regional PR initiatives/campaigns and build recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiencies for future strategic planning and budgets
- Develop relationships with key journalist and business partners, or effectively manage agency partners on this work, and support fostering relationships with social media content creators
- Successfully manage the APAC regional PR budget with the Director of Global Communications & APAC Marketing Director, analyzing the opportunity and determine the right expenditure for the region
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the broader APAC media landscape, including social media platforms, industry influencers, audience insights and community pressure points, and provide regional insights to the wider business
- Work with the International Events Manager on the regions event strategy and take ownership of regional press and influencer management at local and international events to maximize exposure of Bungie franchises
- Work with locally appointed PR agencies to undertake adhoc competitor analysis and identifying industry ‘best practice’ for future strategic planning
- Extensive experience in gaming, technology, or entertainment companies
- Data driven strategic thinker with a growth mindset
- A modern communicator with a strong media or influencer relations background, and proven placement results.
- Strong Stakeholder management experience with internal teams and partners (e.g. 1st Party Partners, Agencies, 3rd Party Partners)
- Established experience working in a similar capacity on a live service game or product
- Strong team player and able to integrate multiple department and stakeholder views into effective product-PR strategy and achievable executions
- Proven success with clear business results creating custom campaigns with a broad range of influential media and creators
- Excellent and concise communicator in presentation, verbal, and written copy, with the ability to transform complex principles into consumer-friendly messages on deadline
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, schedule and plan across several ongoing projects
- Experience finding proactive and creative solutions to unplanned challenges and changing objectives
- Ability to always quantify results with sophisticated data analysis and metrics
- Consistently delivers high-quality work and is able to proactively complete independent projects with light supervision
- Crisis-management experience being able to anticipate situations for APAC, escalate a solution-driven plan, communicate to stakeholders and execute in a timely manner relevant to the crisis
- ANZ, China, Japan & Korea market experience
- Deep familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities
- Experience with enterprise scale live operations, games as a service, MMO, and mobile and companion experiences
- Experience effectively managing a team of professionals or multiple agencies and delivering high-quality results
- South East Asia market experience
In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.