Bungie is looking for a capable and collaborative project manager to support localization efforts for the Destiny universe and simultaneously aid in building out a pipeline to support multiple concurrent projects.
As a Localization Project Manager, you are aware of the unique challenges of sim-shipping AAA-quality content in the game and publishing spaces, and also adept at addressing them by navigating both internal and external workflows and relationships. While working under direction to start, growth will focus on increased autonomy and expertise across multiple localization areas with the end goal of an accomplished generalist who acts as connective tissue between the many disciplines, internal and external teams, and vendors that interact and collaborate to generate both in-game and out-of-game content at Bungie.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Collaborate with game and publishing production teams to define scopes, schedules, and work
- Identify and escalate project risks and help define mitigations
- Plan, manage, and track translation, editing, and voice recording in 12+ languages
- Balance an outsourced workload across a multi-tiered network of vendors
- Engage content creation teams and leverage studio tools to identify work ready for localization
- Ensure timely implementation of assets facilitate global sim-ship
- Work with localization QA to ensure rapid and organized quality passes and bug fixes
- Issue purchase orders, validate and approve invoices, and track financials
- Contribute to the defining and driving of initiatives aimed at improving process and workflow
- Work with international stakeholders on unique content and service needs of overseas regions
- Create and maintain workflow documentation for internal and external teams
- Manage team resources, such as project templates, term bases, translation memories, etc.
- Foster healthy working relationships across all team touchpoint
- Project management or Production experience (preferably in games)
- CAT tool fundamentals and usage (e.g. memoQ, Memsource, Trados, etc.)
- Experience working with outsourcing models and external vendors
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Localization industry expertise (e.g. velocities, models, workflows, etc.)
- Self-organized and self-motivated
- Familiarity with audio and graphics editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Audacity, etc.)
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Fluency in a second language
- Interest in video games