As a Senior Product Manager at Bungie, you will help define and execute the expansion product and commercialization strategy for Destiny 2. You will work on the product life cycle, using data, insights, user testing, and creative solutions to inform Destiny product development, stoke customer adoption, and deliver commercial success, where each purchase is an expression of our players’ passion for their hobby.
You will help define winning product strategies and execute it with customer and business analysis, and our sales team to achieve goals-oriented results. You’ll partner closely with the development, marketing, and publishing teams to deliver experiences that our players are excited about and that integrate well into the rest of the core Destiny service.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Drive product management on Destiny expansions from concept and strategic planning through to objectives, development alignment, go-to-market, and customer satisfaction
- Communicate and collaborate with leadership across development and publishing to help us successfully develop and release products best targeted to consumers, support marketing and sales, and streamline and improve internal processes
- Partner with expansion team leadership to prioritize the backlog and roadmaps, maximizing product performance through the prioritization of marketable innovation and customer validated feature sets.
- Ensure seasonal and expansion content integrate smoothly, enhancing the full experience
- Provide input and act as a key decisionmaker in the expansion milestone process to help validate the product and make sure we are making the right tradeoffs
- Own, track, and report on product metrics and KPIs that measure and reflect customer success, driving ongoing initiatives to meet forecast targets
- Build the holistic upsell strategy, build alignment, and deliver the execution with development teams to ensure engagement and conversion to our expansions
- Develop briefs and partner with consumer insights and user research to evaluate and identify pivotal future-facing features, unique selling points, and key pain points
- Deliver consolidated product and feature documentation for expansions and seasons for the publishing org. Partner with marketing to align on and highlight key value offerings
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, using data to inform strategic and business decisions
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic change initiatives
- Experience managing live games, web/social/mobile experiences, and customer-centric software and services
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making capabilities
- Good understanding of statistics, hypothesis testing, and the scientific method
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to lead cross-team initiatives across marketing, game development, and team leadership
- Ability to take broader company/franchise goals and distil them into innovative initiatives
- Experience motivating, leading, and inspiring highly skilled teams
- Deep passion for games and ability to analyze and break down the components of what makes a successful live game
- Deep familiarity with Destiny and its online player communities is highly desired, as is experience with games as a service and MMOs